Thursday, June 1, 2023

I have your number

 

Today we welcome a new host at Art Journal Journey, as we do the first of every month.   First, however, I want to thank Aimeslee for her wonderful first time hosting at Art Journal Journey.  She totally ROCKED the month and I was highly impressed with her hosting skills, even though I could actually "feel" the pain she must have often been in while she was hosting.

This is Bleubeard's and my first entry for Matilde's Numbers theme at Art Journal Journey.  Matilde can be found at Craftowanie.  We have some detail shots, too.




I started with one of my backgrounds I created on 110 lb cardstock using several Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  When dry, I added these numbers I die cut earlier in the day from leather samples.  That is why they have different textures and colors.   

To add the computer generated sentiment, I first checked the color under my OTT (full spectrum) light.  Imagine my surprise at what a different color spectrum the camera picked up!  The pink paper actually looks orange in the photo.

Matilde, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Numbers.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, you must either provide a translation tool or translate it for us.  Hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey.  
 
I am also joining Daisy Yellow's annual ICAD (Index Card A Day) challenge.
 
 However, because I am not a member of either Instagram or Facebook, this is the only place you will find my index cards.  I will post weekly on Monday.  This is Day 1 and I tried to get colorful with watercolors and a blue felt tip pen.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Matilde said...

You have great idea how to interpret this theme 😊 Have a nice day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth. It's astonishing how colours can look different according to the light. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I love those colours.

My name is Erika. said...

Maybe you don’t have any butterflies but you rocked the numbers on your page Elizabeth! It’s the perfect start for the month. Happy June to you. Hugs Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great idea with the numbers!
Hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh yes, I see my number here! In fact you probably have everyone's here! Brilliant idea! Not doing index cards this year as weare going to be away and can't see it fitting in, hugs, Chrisx

Tom said...

..."I've got your number" is an idiom that easily rolls off my tongue.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the numbers falling out of the sky. But no 2 or 3? 😉

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A simple but very effective way of illustrating the theme.

Christine said...

Very nice

Iris Flavia said...

I know it differently - today I can laugh about it but back then I was lucky I had a friend with me. She luckily was taller than me.
At a "diner" when I wanted to pay it said "I want your number!" With exclamation mark.
I ignored that and the waiter followed us through the street! Some men...

But yours is a fun idea for numbers :-)

Though, in the aftermath if he´d written that I´d called the police! (That was pre-mobile phones)

lichazul said...

Pretty page 💐☺️
Have a great day

Sandra Cox said...

'I have your number'. You are so clever;)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your take on 'I have your number'

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

I love your numbers page Elizabeth, and your ICAD cover is gorgeous. I'm joining you on both challenges 😁

Sharon Madson said...

I like your project but can't believe you were able to cut the numbers out of leather. Fabulously done!

Elephant's Child said...

Are you ok? It is not like you to leave so long between posts and I am worrying a bit.

Neet said...

Sorry I have not been joining in - have had strep pneumonia and am still quite weak. Also tore myk intercostal muscle whilst coughing, its been a long road but hopefully soon back with you.
Love your number page.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Cindy McMath said...

Yay glad you are playing along again. I am as well.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! What a fabulous page you created for Matilde's number theme this month. And I love your beautiful ICAD,too. The colors are gorgeous. I always enjoy the AJJ challenges and want to thank you so much for everything! Hugs, Sharon

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ha! I burst out LOL when I read your journal page, Elizabeth. Good one! Love it. What fun to do the icads. Enjoy! xoxo