Friday, June 2, 2023

Second on the 2nd: By the numbers

 

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something with Numbers, which was chosen by our host this month, Matilde from Craftowanie. Most of the regular visitors are familiar with my choice today because I showed it on February 16, 2022 when Bleubeard and I hosted with our What's Your Style? theme.  I share it now in its entirety.  It is called By the Numbers.

  In case you didn't know, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our theme is What's Your Style?  I had trouble photographing this,

  so I decided to scan it.

I have created a few detail shots to share.






  This is what happens when math flash cards meet watercolors and stitch.  It had been far too long since I put my sewing machine to use and I wanted to rectify that by sewing these altered flash cards together.  Each flash card was painted using various watercolors.  Some were stamped with various images and/or numbers.

The words were computer generated and sewn using blue variegated thread.  The cards were sewn using lavender variegated thread.  Bits of numbers tape were added at the end.  I used addition, multiplication, division, and subtraction flash cards in this journal entry.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of What's your style? which for us today is all about watercolors and sewing.

#_________________________________________________#

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit. 

 

Please be aware this link is only open for five days (until June 5 at 4 p.m.), so posting today is encouraged.



16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is an intricate and beautiful piece. I am glad to see it in its entirity.

Rita said...

Love the rainbow of bright colors! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, colourful and fun! I will link to 2nd on the 2nd tomorrow. I was out with a friend yesterday and I am still absolutely exhausted, need to rest. Hope you are feeling well, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love this piece. It doesn’t look familiar to me although it should!!!! Maybe the time zone change has messed up my brain grin. I’ll be back next month with second on the second. I hope June has started off well. Hugs Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful colors and I love how one can find new numbers browsing through your work!






Tom said...

...all of these numbers add up!

Mae Travels said...

I linked to one of the first posts I ever wrote, about good and bad issues of food. Most of what I said then is still pretty much the way things are now.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am loving this so much! what a great way to put these pieces together. I might have to look for some bits that could work like this rather than binning them. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

craftytrog said...

I really love this colourful page Elizabeth.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Alison

Empire of the Cat said...

I love this very colourful patchwork page, it looks fabulous. Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Blogger still seems to be trying to decide who I can send comments to! I had to put my old tablet on charge again before I could comment here. I love this page Elizabeth- I remember it and love it so much. Brilliant colours and as always I love the stitching you do on your pages! Hugs,

Christine said...

Colourful!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great colors in this.

Nancy Chan said...

Colourful craft with numbers. Have a great week.

Hena Tayeb said...

That looks so cool. Very creative.

Cindy McMath said...

This is gorgeous and I’m so glad you picked this one as I don’t remember it.