Monday, June 5, 2023

@@%$& Squirrels


I just got back online.  I will have something in a little while, but please go ahead and link so everyone can visit while I get my post ready.  Several squirrels chewed into the phone line about two blocks away.  They just found it and someone else reported it.  Someone who had a cell phone (DUH).

This post was originally going to be named World Collage Day.

Look at all these gorgeous stamps from Canada.  I'm sure you know who lives in Canada and who also creates collages!

I grabbed my PBS mug and filled it with water, but I spilled the water on the way to the table.  Still have a bum hand.  It really does have water in it.

What a totally awesome card.  I love, love, love it.  Thank you Cindy.

Look at the lovely note she included.  The card didn't lie flat, so I used the napkin to hold it in place.

One last look at my water and Cindy's collage.

Friday I was leaving Mae a comment on her Second on the 2nd blog post when I noticed my comment wasn't refreshing and I had red lights flashing on my modem.  I borrowed my friend and next door neighbor's cell phone and called ATT.  

We spoke for about two hours.  She wanted me to remove every connection from the modem, then put it back, which I did.  Then she wanted me to get on the floor and check the box that comes in from outside.  I told her I had hurt my hand and arm and couldn't get down on the floor.  She said she couldn't write a work order until I had checked.  I tried.  I really, really tried.  That's when I fell on my shoulder and hit my head hard on the cabinet.  I screamed in pain.  I have never felt pain like that before, nor do I ever want to again.  My neighbor actually heard me screaming and he came running.  He checked the connections on the floor board and that was when she wrote the work order.  I have not been able to sleep properly because everything hurts.  EVERYTHING.  It was like I had been in a bad car accident.  But I promise to get better and will be by as soon as I get this posted and fix my dinner/supper.

31 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

I checked your neighborhood on the Wichita Electric Outage map, and I suspected that you had lost power again! Glad to hear you are back online. Squirrels! What a pain!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Naughty squirrels! Sorry you have had such problems again. Anyway, good to see you back again! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad to see a post from you. I was worried.

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, wow, that is annoying. I like wildlife but they can certainly be destructive at times. Glad that you are ok.
I know you said you are having trouble leaving comments on my site. I am not sure why, as others have been able to. Maybe it has something to do with you needing to sign in again? Regardless, have a great Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

aquirrels get into sooo much mischief

Tom said...

...squirrels can be little devils.

Mae Travels said...

Now that you have expanded your post, I’m sorry to hear you re-injured your arm, and I hope you recover quickly.

Christine said...

those darn squirrels!

Carola Bartz said...

I'm so sorry that you're hurting so badly, Elizabeth - arm and shoulder and hand and head, no, it doesn't sound good. Please look after yourself and take it very slowly. That is way more important than leaving comments on our blogs. Hugs.

Cloudia said...

I am sending you healing wishes and warmth. Not to mention a prayer or two for you. So glad to see you today!

Amila said...

I am sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I hope it is better now. I know such pains are not easy to bear. This card is beautiful and creative. So glad to read this post!

Iris Flavia said...

Peanut and Peanutta feel very sorry and ashamed for those cousins!
So sorry you fell and are in such pain!!
Don´t you get proper pain-killers?
As if hand and arm wasn´t enough already... Big hugs.
At least you got that wonderful mail...
Best wishes from here.

Helen said...

Glad you are back online, but sorry you hurt yourself again. take care and look after yourself.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no Elizabeth. That is not good to hear. I hope your pain feels better soon. And if it’s not one thing it’s another with the internet too. I hope you feel better soon. Sending good energy your way! Hugs Erika

J said...

Elizabeth, so sorry to hear you are injured and in pain, pesky squirrels, lovely to watch but cause havoc, pleased you managed to get online in the end.
Happy T Day Hugs Jan S

nwilliams6 said...

Sorry about your arm - hope it heals up fast! So glad you have a good neighbor who could run in and help you (and a good set of lungs). Squirrels are definitely full of mischief! Glad you got everything fixed up.

The card and stamps are wonderful - lucky you getting so many great cards and gifts.

Happy T-day, hope you feel better, and hugz

Spyder said...

Hi Elizabeth. I made time to do a post!(Seeing I can't link up with Stamping Ground, I'm really missing crafty People!) It wasn't easy, its surprising how you forget to do things!Loving all your pictures and finished master pieces! I'm finishing off my ATC's and stuff and will post off to Jo this week. Have a Happy Crafty week! ((Lyn)) 11

Cindy McMath said...

Oh my goodness Elizabeth! So very sorry to hear about your fall. What an ordeal. I would be hard pressed to get on the floor and get back up again and I don’t have any injuries! So glad you like the card.

kathyinozarks said...

oh no so sorry about your fall and hurting yourself more-that happens to us too when we have internet issues-such hassle to get to everything they want checked-ugh feel better hugs

Jackie McGuinness said...

So sad to hear about your fall. They do the same thing here, expect you to lift up something to give them a number. They should know the numbers since it is their equipment. I just tell them I'm a little old lady and can't move anything.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely gift. 🤬 squirrels. They can be cute, but can cause lots of damage. I would have lied to the lady. Asked her what am I looking for? And then nope, I don't see that. Happy T Day. I hope you are feeling better.

Rostrose said...

Oh that doesn't sound good, you haven't been doing well lately! I hope you have better times soon!!!!
All the best and a good first week of June 🌻🌼🌻!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/06/costa-rica-12-kapitel-nationalpark.html

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow who knew squirrels would eat phone lines! It's handy to have a mobile phone for emergencies. I don't know anyone in Canada but the stamps are lovely. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Rita said...

Crazy to make someone who is already physically limited try to do something they say they can't do!! So sorry you fell! Glad your neighbor heard you and came to your rescue with the annoying woman on the phone. I hope things go more smoothly now.

jinxxxygirl said...

Hubby enjoyed pitting his wits against the squirrels keeping them out of our bird feeders....But let them mess with my internet and we have a problem!! Happy t day! Hugs! deb

Lowcarb team member said...

I am pleased that you are back online, but very sorry to read that you have hurt yourself. Do please take care and I send my good wishes for a speedy recovery.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm at sixes and sevens and haven't been good about keeping up with blogging and blog commenting. I ought to be more settled by July...

Jenn Jilks said...

We had a faulty line like this, happy to be off landlines!
Beautiful table!

Sharon Madson said...

So sorry for your fall! I am glad you had a good neighbor! I am looking forward to our play day! :)

Jeanie said...

Gotta admire the tenacity of squirrels -- who drive us all a little nut. LOVE your placemats!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is very strange - I am now able to comment here! So sorry for your aches and pains. Hope you are much better now! Chrisx