Tuesday, June 6, 2023

WOYWW 731: ATCs

 

It's time to join our head desker and all around caring host, Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. 

On my desk are two envelopes with lovely postage stamps on them.  Under the envelopes, hidden by a packet of flower seeds I hope to plant today, are cardstock and gloves.  Behind are some tiny containers.  Next to them are makeup wedges Sharon and I used the last time we had a play date.   For the last play date, I removed everything from the table.  Today they are just pushed back.  Not going to try that again.

I know the real reason you are here is to see the rocking horse.  Angela, from Crafting with Jack asked how many I have.  I stopped counting at 400 and I probably have close to 450 total.  Not all are 3-D.  Some are in picture frames, some are in different media, like rubber and acrylic stamps, or even ribbon.  One ribbon with 20 rocking horses counts as one rocking horse.  This blown glass beauty came from my friend RO!

Let's get back to the envelopes.  I have started sharing postage stamps since my friend and former desker, Lisca shows all of hers.  It's fairly obvious these came from across the pond.

The first came from my PIF partner, Lynne of LynneCrafts.  She sent an adorable card and 

this adorable ATC with the elephant.  Thanks, Lynne

from a fellow engineer!

The other ATC was totally unexpected, not requested, but so very, very thoughtful.  Most deskers will recognize this came from Helen of both Stamping by H and Photos by H.  The gesture was so kind and thoughtful I actually cried when I saw it.  Helen, you have NO IDEA how this small work of art touched my soul.

I just noticed Julia has already posted, so I will post this and join you later.  Right now, I am off to the grocery store.

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...how nice to get mail other than junk mail!

Elephant's Child said...

How lovely. And RO's rocking horse is a stunner.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, "play date" sounds so sweet! And wow on your number of rocking horses! This is a very beautiful one.
Nice surprises you got, too!

Helen said...

I am glad the atc arrived, it took a while! you are very welcome but i am sorry it made you cry!! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

What lovely ATCs Elizabeth. The rocking horse this week is stunning indeed too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

These little works of art mean a whole lot more don’t they? I loved Lynne’s take on the Ivory being the 14th anniversary, such a clever idea. It makes me smile that you enjoy the stamps on the envelope, I do too, I love seeing the different ones from around the world also!That’s a sweet little glass rocking horse, love it.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Christine said...

What a stunning rocking horse!!! I love glass ornaments and that is gorgeous . . . thank you for sharing it with us.
Have a good week
Christine #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Your new rocking horse is stunning. I think I have about 12, but they are all Christmas ones. I only have 3 on permanent display. Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth hope you enjoyed your shopping. Loving the rocking horse he's a real sweetie.Lovely collection of ATCs too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Caro said...

What a stunning rocking horse and I love the ATCs as well. Happy WOYWW. Take care, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

BJ said...

Yes Sorry Elizabeth, I should have made it clear it is a British Government petition so yes only those who live here can sign it. Thanks. Oh and my hair isn't quite as long currently but fairly, just below back bra strap. Glad you like my clean desk - LOL.
Just adore the glass rocking horse it is exquisite and not actually had the pleasure of a King Charles stamp myself yet. Too many of the ordinary ones left with the Queen on methinks. Hugs BJ#6

Christine said...

Lovely rocking horse.

Annie said...

I've had a manic day and have only just finished....I now have a rail filled with sewing to do and 7 more customers coming tomorrow while we look after Louie all day....it could be a fun filled day :-)
I love today's little rocking horse.
Hugs,
Annie x # 9

Julia Dunnit said...

Well Elizabeth, fancy having to visit your desk to see my first King Charles III postage stamp! Love that you’re enjoying your Mail too, it’s a high spot isn’t it, to get something other than circulars! I hope the play date is a very inspiring and chatty time, don’t go overdoing the motion…the idea of you moving a wheelbarrow filled with soil makes me gasp…your poor arm/shoulder!

Sandra Cox said...

I love your Ro Rocker:) How's she doing? I miss having her in the blogosphere.

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you liked the ATC, Elizabeth. I love your glass rocking horse.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

Jeanie said...

I'm dumping all my ATC blank cards on my yard sale. I always enjoyed doing them but not anymore. I hope they sell and don't go to a landfill or goodwill. So wish my online art friends lived here!

Sandra Cox said...

Wonderful ATCs:)

Kelly said...

Good morning, Elizabeth!

I love getting the ATCs and adding them to my binder. someone mentioned the King Charles stamp. LOL Now I'm going to have to look at my envelopes more closely.
Your collection of rocking horses sounds like my Golden Book collection. I have close to 250 and not all of them are books. my favorite is my Dr. Dan medical kit still in the original packaging.
The ribbon you saw in my photo this week is a drop in the bucket to what I have. LOL
Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #16

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lucky you, Both are beautiful! Hugs, Chrisx