Friday, May 12, 2023

My Butterfly Garden is planted at Friday Smiles 512

 

Our host at Art Journal Journey, Aimeslee, has chosen Flowers for our theme this month.

I call this Growing a butterfly garden.  I have a couple of detail shots, too.

 



 
Although it doesn't show, I laid down an entire layer of gel medium on the 110 lb cardstock before I adhered the two pieces of napkin I used.  This was a large napkin that could be used for a hand towel.

 I had bits of words sitting on my table, so I added them over a couple of the flower petals.  Finally, I found a butterfly from a different napkin and adhered it to the top of one of the flowers.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you are joining us today.  If you are here from Art Journal Journey we will be by soon.  I am still typing mostly with one hand and it is getting very sore.  

However, today is Friday and all about the smiles.  Let's join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). We can visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

Cat funnies are in order again.

 

 

 

 

 

   That's all for this week.

Please join us at Art Journal Journey and Friday Smiles.  Of course, it goes without saying, but we will anyway, please start your weekend with a big huge smile.



24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Your butterfly garden is gorgeous - and thanks for the smiles too.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely art work Elizabeth and the funnies are brilliant. I really must make more with the napkins I've got. There are so many gorgeous ones around right now. I have to be quick today as we've got a guy coming to do some work in the garden. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I love the butterfly garden image. I have made some nice things with napkins but I don't see many pretty ones out here.
Your funnies made me smile, especially the last one. he looks like my Tango.
I hope your hand improves soon. doing everything one handed is so tedious. Kate x

Rita said...

Beautiful images. I love how they are partially colored.
Cat funnies are great! :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What beautiful art work. Like Rita, I like how they are partially colored. It makes them look so delicate.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

BTW: My new blog is: http://elizabethvaradan.wordpress.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, I like the last cat funny the best, so typical for men of all sorts! Your journal page is gorgeous, such lovely flowers. Have a lovely day and REST your arm! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...the ere are always wonderful things to look forward to in spring. Enjoy them.

Mae Travels said...

Pure flowers would be a nice butterfly garden, though the actual butterfly gardens that I’ve seen are mostly green, because only a few bushes and plants bloom at. any given moment. At least that’s true in the north where I live. Having a butterfly garden is another great idea to encourage pollinators! Good that you celebrated the idea.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I think I replied to your question: Yes please do add my new site to your sidebar. Have a great day.

My name is Erika. said...

That a lovely page, and butterfly and bee gardens are certainly important in this day and age. I planted my milkweed seeds the other day and am waiting to see what grows. This is a beautiful napkin and it makes a great page. And the colors are really pretty for spring too. Happy Friday, have a great weekend, and happy mother's day to you also. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

This is just a beautiful piece! It makes for a very nice page, Elizabeth. And thanks for your visit to my blog and your wonderful comment on the Tudors. They were a fascinating crowd -- not always the nicest of people but ones who changed the world!

Lisca said...

Beautiful napkin art! Subtle colours and a wonderful composition. I love it.
The funnies had me giggling. I love those ginger kitties.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Christine said...

Beautiful fowers. Thanks for the cat funnies too.

jinxxxygirl said...

Beautiful Elizabeth!!! Hugs! deb

Debra said...

The flowers are so pretty! I love the cats too...

Caty said...

So Wonderful Art page Elizabeth ! I loove the beautiful napkin to create your growing garden. the butterfly is amazing too.
These cats are.... magical jaja, they made me smile.
Thanks so much for sharing.
I wish you a nice weekend, and hope you feel better today.
Big hugs, Caty

carol l mckenna said...

Divine art work and lol funnies ~ great!

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Iris Flavia said...

To butterflies - great work. I so hope to see more than one this year for real...
Thanks, too, for the smiles!

Divers and Sundry said...

Pretty! It's good to plant for the butterflies and bees and such. Pollinator friendly gardening is wonderful!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your page is wonderful and perfect for Aimeslee's AJJ theme. I love the idea of growing a butterfly! The last photo really made me laugh! Hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

I sure hope your hand gets better real soon! Your flowers are fabulous and I'm so glad you made this to share with AJJ. Napkins are always so pretty used in art, XOX

Rika said...

stunning butterfly garden page

Neet said...

I really need to start looking at napkins with a different eye. This has made a lovely journal page. What delightful flowers they are.
Love the funnies, so any cat ones- brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xxx