Saturday, May 13, 2023

Early Spring Blooms

 

Today we are back at Art Journal Journey, where our host Aimeslee, has chosen Flowers for the theme this month.

Bleubeard and I named this Early Spring Blooms.  We are also joining Triple B's May challenge, where we followed their spring mood board, and Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this month is Stencil It.  We also have a few detail photos.






I started this journal page by laying down three colors of water soluble crayons onto 110 lb cardstock.  I was going for a soft pastel look.  When dry, I added the focal image, which started life as a greeting card.  I then punched the green leaves from green card stock and adhered them using a glue stick. Next, I positioned the flower stencil over the lower left, then upper right sides of the page.  For those, I used a green dye ink.  When finished, I felt it needed something else, so I added the dots using a black dye ink.  You might be able to tell I used the same cosmetic wedge for the dots that I did for the flowers since the dots had a faint green at times depending on how much black ink I had on the wedge.

Thanks ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today. We will be at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday, and Triple B
 
I will visit as I can because I am still typing with one hand, which is very slow going since Bleubeard doesn't type.

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

ANOTHER gorgeous creation.

Rita said...

Very much springlike!
I hope you feel better soon.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful flowers!
A great composition.

Valerie-Jael said...

I think you must teach Bleubeard to type, cats do like doing nothing, though! Wonderful page, Elizabeth, I love dots and they make wonderful decorations for so many projects Have a nice weekend, hope your arm is soon better, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely

Debra said...

Beautiful art page. I hope you recover fully very soon!

Helen said...

love this! hope the shoulder gets better soon and you can get back to two handed typing - it takes forever one-handed.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely. the colors are so soft and blend so well with the flowers

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A very beautiful romantic floral journal page!I love this yellow!!!!
Happy day, hug Elke

aussie aNNie said...

Very pretty card with those stunning colours, what a great design x

Tom said...

...there can never be enough flowers.

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo just look at those pretty spring flowers!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Elizabeth, the image of your spring daffodils looks gorgeous with the pretty colours of your stencilled background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so beautiful Elizabeth, your stenciled background is fabulous- I do love dots on a page! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Elizabeth this is so so lovely and all your mixed media touches add to its beauty. So happy you've shared this with AJJ. AND I hope your hand is getting better. XOX

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These are lovely! I love daffodils, so I love that image being the focus. And the colors are very much like pastels.

My name is Erika. said...

Your spring blooms are just lovely
For AJJ. And nice stenciling too. I’m glad you could join us at TIOT. And of course, spring blooms are perfect for Aimeslee’s challenge. I hope all is well. I’m playing catch up right now. 😀hugs Erika

Meggymay said...

I love this page with the spring blooms and those pretty stencils you used in the background. I am so pleased you joined us at TioT's as well and apologies from me that I don't get to visit here just now. I hope you are well.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

You were going for a soft pastel look and you certainly achieved just that. I love the background you made Elizabeth and it is the perfect foil for the daffodils.
A lovely page.
Hugs, Neet xxx

sirkkis said...

Your flowers look soft and beautiful. Have sweet time and enjoy the 🏡 💐