Thursday, May 11, 2023

Rain's TADD and Nicole's FFO

 

Today Bleubeard and I are joining Rain's TADD.  I am still typing with one hand, since I believe I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder and hand.  If I thought typing with one hand was hard, try peeling a banana using one hand only.  It is impossible.

   I created this journal page for a challenge at Art Journal Journey in October, 2021.

  I showed this as a second look last month on the 2nd.  BTW, there are tons of faces, so Bleubeard and I will be joining Nicole and her Friday Face Off.

  Of course, I have to include a visit to Hatman Jack's.

  Both men's and women's hats are made and sold there.

For the dinner date,

I made these scrambled eggs I call my Chili Relleno hack.  I love chili rellenoes, but I don't like making them.  They take an entire day to get them just right.

However, I have found a way to make something that tastes similar, but without all the preparation time that is required to make them.  This is my own recipe, but I will share it with you.

Ingredients

4 eggs

2 T butter

1/2 can (2.25 ozs) chopped green chilies 

3 cloves garlic, sliced thin

1 onion diced thin to medium

6 ozs Monterey jack cheese cut into small chunks

1/4 c half & half

Directions

Heat butter over medium to medium high heat.  Add onion and garlic and cook for about six minutes until onions are translucent.  

Add chilies and cook for about three minutes more.

In the meantime, whisk four eggs till blended, then add half & half.  Blend

Reduce heat to medium low, then add eggs and milk to skillet.

Using a Teflon or wooden spatula or spoon, turn eggs as they start to form on the bottom of the skillet. When eggs begin to gel, add the cheese.  

Cook another minute, then remove from the heat. Do not allow eggs to overcook.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I hope to see you at Rain's TADD and tonight at Nicole's Friday Face Off.  We will be by, but be aware, I am typing slower than usual and Bleubeard doesn't know how to type because he doesn't have opposable thumbs.


 

25 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...


Thank you. I am so very sorry to hear that your arm and shoulder are still giving you grief.

kathyinozarks said...

Thank you for the recipe-my husband would love this dish.
Love your art that you shared today-and wow handmade hats that is a rare find these days. I can't remember where now but I have been to handmade hat store many years ago.
take care of You-Hugs

Iris Flavia said...

7 months left arm only... I rad your pain!
Hmmm, yummy dish! Also had a scrambled egg with rice, mushrooms and pepper. And chili, of course :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear your arm and hand are still sore. But it is fun to see these pieces again. And that is quite the hat shop. There are some cool hats on the wall. Hope your arm feels better soon. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope it's soon better. I would love to visit that hat shop, looks good. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely hats and a great recipe thanks. Good to know it is a pulled muscle anyway.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork.

Divers and Sundry said...

One-handed banana peeling requires cutting the banana with a knife first. Don't ask how I know lol

I want some of those hats! I promise to wear them :)

Barwitzki said...

Hatman Jack's... I get faint with these hats.
Terrific... put it on and go to the cafe :-)))
Greetings to you. AND get well soon for your arm.

Tom said...

...stylize ladies. I've never been a hat guy, perhaps it's because I'm not a sports guy either. I do enjoy scrambled eggs.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful hat creations ~ eggs sound yummy ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Sandra Cox said...

e eggs sound good. I'd have to add a dollop of salsa:)
I am so sorry your shoulder and hand are giving you fits.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the picture of the hat shop :)

Hoping your arm and shoulder feels a lot better soon.

All the best Jan

Caty said...

I hope you´ll feel better soon dear Elizabeth. Thanks so much for sharing your own recipe of chilli relleno, it is interesting and yummy. Your Art journal pages are really wonderful. Love the backgrounds and the so beautiful stamps. This is a pretty hats shop.
Have a great Friday, big hugs
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Quick cooking my kind of recipe

Gillena Cox said...

Yummy eggs. Some fine faces. Have a good weekend.

Much💖love

sirkkis said...

Nice looking faces and hats. I like to use hats, but they are not as nice as in the old days.
Have a wonderful weekend 😀🐛

Jeanie said...

This recipe looks really delicious. I, too, like chili relenos but never make them. But this seems incredibly easy and looks so tasty. Thanks for sharing it.

DVArtist said...

OMGosh these faces are fabulous, however, I want several of those hats. I would wear them too. What a great place. Thank you for sharing on FFO. I am sorry about your hand/arm. I am sending healing energy for a very quick recovery.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The hat place looks an interesting place to visit.

Fundy Blue said...

I hope that your shoulder gets better soon, Elizabeth! All the hats were fun. I'm definitely going to try your scrambled egg recipe. Happy weekend to you!

Rain said...

Hat store!!! I'd be in heaven!! ☺☺ Your hat art is lovely Elizabeth! Thanks for sharing the egg dish recipe, it looks like such comfort food! ☺

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

First, lest I forget to mention it ... yes, you were the only one to guess and yes that was me with three in front and three in back of me. Good eye, Elizabeth. I have to assume that most people don't bother to read what I say or more would have commented :( As for typing, I think you would be surprised at how many people (including my FH) use only one finger to type with. Just about anyone who didn't take typing in high school, probably (do they still teach typing, as nobody uses a typewriter anymore?) So how do you peel a banana with one hand ... do you hold it down with a foot then pull the peel back? I surely don't know and hope I don't have to find out. As for your art ... I love the journal pages ... something about the placement and balance just makes them pop! And how cool, a hat store. I may be out of touch, but I rarely see hats on anyone anymore(except in the winter, of course). How does he survive? His hats look fun and lovely. Those were good days, weren't they?
I am not big on hot and spicey so I am not sure I would love Chili Relleno, but I can see that maybe the eggs would subdue that spiciness and I could probably like it. I am always looking for new ways to make eggs ... may be worth a try. So I don't know if you have children, though I know you have never mentioned it ... But, I know you are the Mother of one big beautiful Bleubeard (and other cats as I recall) so you qualify for a big "Happy Mother's Day" Elizabeth ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loving all of your hats. Not so sure about a chilli and egg combo! Sorry about you shoulder and arm -I hope you feel better soon, hugs, Chrisx

NatureFootstep said...

right, being one-handed is not easy. :(

This is the kind of hats my mother used to wear when she was young. :) Long ago!