Tuesday, May 9, 2023

WOYWW 727

 

I promised myself I was going to start joining WOYWW (the brainchild of Julia at Stamping Ground) again once I had finished my month of recycling at Art Journal Journey.  At the time I made the decision, I didn't realize I was going to hurt my shoulder and arm, making it virtually impossible to type with my left hand.

However, even though my typing will be slow this week, at least I'm going to join in for the next few months.  
 
I had a play date with a friend and I put everything back on the table in a haphazard way.  I decided to change the red rosin paper that sits on my table and absorbs just about anything I throw at it.  Rosin paper is used as a protective layer in roofing and on floor boards.  However, with my bum left hand and arm, I have to wait to change it until I no longer feel pain when I move it the wrong way.

I know you really came to see my rocking horse, not my dirty table.  The wet wipes were used for our play date and the assault rifle was used as a mask in a previous journal entry.

I know the E stands for Elephant, but it also stands for my name, too.  Still having trouble seeing the rocking horse?

I hope that helps.  Now please join me at Julia's Stamping Ground where everyone is welcome and made to feel welcome.


32 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

Good to see you join us again Elizabeth, I hope your shoulder etc improves soon. Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #?

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, sorry your arm is so bad just now, hope it gets better soon. Had a couple of bad days here, too, but feel almost normal today. Take it easy with typing and other things. Your workdesk looks better than mine! Hugs to you and the boys, Valerie

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Elizabeth and hope it resolves soon. Good to see you back though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Iris Flavia said...

Hope your arm gets better soon... we share the problem! And move on! Live the horse. And never heard of rosin paper - good advice!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi lovely lady, good to see you here today and hope the shoulder is better soon. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE the rocking horse and hope that your left arm and shoulder get better by the day.

Rita said...

I hope your arm gets better soon!

Spyder said...

Good Morning Elizabeth! Ive just rejoined WOYWW too but still not really in to blogging like before. Your desk looks like you've been having fun" Wishong you well, and hoping yur arm is better very very soon! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#14

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad to see you back Elizabeth but sorry to hear about your arm and shoulder. Are you having physio? It helped me a lot when I rugby charged a pavement and lost. Your rocking horse box is lovely.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs (gentle ones!)
Lynnecrafts 9

Diana Taylor said...

Good to see you on the desks again, but sorry to hear you have hurt your arm and shoulder. Having just had tennis elbow and a frozen shoulder at the same time I really feel for you. I hope you are getting good treatment - physio helped me a lot. I love the little rocking horse and I like the table covering idea, it sounds cheaper than the cutting mats I use (and usually ruin quite quickly!).
Hope you have a good week and recover quickly.
Diana xx #16

Tracy said...

🤗 So sorry to read about the time you're having with your arm and shoulder Elizabeth, wishing you a good recovery 🙏 Such a nifty idea the paper you use to cover your desk ⭐️ adore your wee 🐎 horse and the elephant 🐘 🥰 You take care, sending gentle hugs with love your way Tracy #11 xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear your arm is sore. Pain stinks, doesn't it? I spent yesterday visiting my friend who I was told shattered her shoulder, but no, she shattered her elbow and literally broke the end of the upper arm bone (humorous) right off. OUCH! We had a great visit but she showed me her x-rays with all the pins they needed to put it back together. It's amazing what they can do but it's scary too. Anyhow, hope your arm feels better soon so you can get back to making some art. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

sending good healing thoughts for you -hugs-loved your block with the rocking horse

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the wooden block. I still have a few of my childhood blocks around here somewhere.

I hope your arm and shoulder are improving quickly. It's a shame to be so restricted when you have such fun things you want to do.

Birgit said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your shoulder and arm. I’ve been there and it’s not fun especially when you have to put clothes on. It will 5ake a while but you will heal. I have to ask what doe WOWW mean? You should see my craft area..it’s horrible!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hello Elizabeth, lovely to see you on the desks again though I’m sorry to hear you’ve been in the wars. Hope you’re on the way back to full motion with your shoulder and arm. Nice to see a rocking horse again!
Hugs LLJ 12 xx

Annie said...

I'm playing catch up with my favourite blogs now Louie has gone home. It's been a full on morning and I still have 2 customers to come yet [and their sewing to do of course].
Lovely to see you joining in this week and really hope your arm improves very soon.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Caty said...

Oh your rocking horse is so beautiful Elizabeth, ready to stamp, as the E letter too. Good to have a rosin paper that absorbs all.
I hope you feel a little better today, take care dear friend.
I send big hugs, Caty

Jeanie said...

I couldn't open a lot of your posts but I can see today's and it looks great. Love your horse block!

Christine said...

Hello and welcome, lovely to see you. Sad to hear you've been suffering, hope all is well soon.
One thing that puzzles me is 'why a rifle?'
Love the tiny rocking horse . .
Christine #21

Let's Art Journal said...

So sorry to hear that your suffering with your arm and shoulder, I hope you're feeling much better soon. Loving that tiny rocking horse 😊. Take care and sending happy wishes your way! Hugs, Jo x

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh it’s lovely to see you; am sorry about your arm and shoulder, oh my. Don’t overdo it, these things take ages and every time you think it’s getting better and use it a bit..uh oh. How brilliant an idea to issue the rosin like that, I don’t think I knew that at all, and perfect for your all media work! I love the little E block with the rocking horse, what a sweet little thing to have.

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you and your friend, Sally, are feeling better. I really love the Genius at Work sign.

BJ said...

WOW long time no see. Great that you can join us again and sorry to hear about the shoulder/arm, hope they sort themselves out soon. I spotted the rocking horse straight away, well it is purple after all - LOL. There will always be scrapping if I am to continue doing all our day to day photos, been putting them in albums for about 40 years not going to stop now! Lovely to see you here, Hugs BJ#13

Christine said...

So sorry you are in pain

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with a speedy recovery. I hope your yard work doesn’t worry you too much while you are RESTING your arm!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon. Shoulder pain is awful! I don’t even want to remember when I had it and had to have physical therapy.

I often use the dictation feature on my iPad but then I have to go back and correct all the weird things it typed.

Kelly said...

B&C are back in the house!!!! And coming in at #1 on the list... Whoop Whoop!
Did you hear me thinking about you just the other day? I was.
So good to see you. Sorry about the but arm. does make things difficult. I hadn't thought of resin paper.... and guess who's visiting the home improvement store this week? hehe #Enabler!

Sending fast healing and Creative Blessings! Kelly #20

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the wooden block, especially the rocking-horse.

All the best Jan

Elizabeth said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely to see you joining again, and not just for your rocking horses though they have been missed! It's not so nice that you've hurt yourself. Hope your feeling better soon. Take care, Elizabeth x #15

Susan Renshaw said...

Sorry to hear about your hand/arm - hope all is well soon!
I could see th3 rocking horse immediately!
Susan #3

Kyla said...

Welcome back, I didnt spot the rocking horse until you zoomed in :-)
Hope your shoulder and arm are on the mend?
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla