Monday, May 8, 2023

T Stands For bEARTHday gifts, part 1

 

Don't ask me how, but I severely hurt my left shoulder, arm, and hand on Wednesday night.  I jokingly told Sally I think it was in sympathy for her broken arm.  Although I attended Herb Day, and yes, I took my camera, I didn't take a single photo.  Not even ONE!  

Typing with one hand is even harder and all the "fun" letters are on the left side of the keyboard.

I'm obviously at my dining room table where I will be opening gifts from my dear friend RO!  It's hard to open anything with a bum left arm and I am far more ambidextrous than I imagined.

Here is the stamp that was on the card that RO! sent me.  It is a wood lily and one of a set

  of four called Mountain Flora.  I used the buttercup during my month of recycled projects.  This image is from USPS. com.

What an absolutely adorable card.  I love it and it is going in my cat altered book if I ever get around to making it!

These were the stamps on the package.  I went to the Portuguese postage stamp site, buts because I don't understand or speak the language,

¡Estrenamos blog sobre envíos y paquetería urgente!  I thought I would include this.

Carefully wrapped and with great attention to detail, was this tea pitcher.

This is what the stamp looks like out of the plastic container.

I'm always bummed when I get metered mail, but it seems many Etsy sellers use it.  The "thank you" sticker should have been a clue to what was coming.

This sheet of lovely tea cups and saucers were inside.

And in case you missed it before, yes, it is also from the amazing RO!


I couldn't get them all in one shot because of my arm, so I took two photos.

As I was putting everything away, these three stickers fell out of the envelope.  I had completely overlooked them.

The next gift came from Massachusetts.

This forever stamp honors Women's Soccer.

https://www.usps.com/ecp/asset/images/483004-L0.jpg  This was taken from the USPS web site.  We are told that millions of girls and women participate in this sport every year.
 
This is what came from Elliston Farm.  Wonderful vintage postage stamps I can use in my art.  And of course, they came from RO!, too.
 

  A couple of weeks ago, you got to see all the stamps on this package.  I saw the "Do not bend" on the front, but after I opened it,

I found this on the back.  This lady meant business!

This is the first set of 25 stamps.  In case you can't read this,

RO! ordered TWO sets of vintage 3 cent stamps that have never been used before.  Sorry, that was as good as I could get the image.  My right arm was getting very tired at this point.  I assure you, if you receive one of these 3 cent stamps on something I send you, that means you are VERY special.

This is the second set of 25.

And here are the two sets together.  Thank you more than words can say, dear, sweet, wonderful RO!  You are such a sweetie and I love each and every thing you sent.  Thanks again, dear!

I've been working on this since about 9 a.m. today and it is now after 3 p.m.  I am sure everyone knows the rules by now, and if you don't just check my right sidebar for T Stands For Tuesday.






28 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

I used to love buying those packages of old stamps when I was a kid. The people across the street were avid collectors and pretty serious, but I couldn't find the stamps to fill in the blank pages in my album so eventually I gave up. Using them in craft projects makes more sense!

THANKS for hosting this party... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Ro always sends such awesome gifts-enjoy. hoping your shoulder and arm feel better soon-hugs

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful, beautiful gifts - from one lovely person to another.
I do hope your poor arm and shoulder settle down soon.

Lisca said...

A sore arm, what a bother. I hope it will get better soon.
Your friend Ro always sends you such lovely gifts! I love the tea cup stickers.
But best of all were all those gorgeous stamps. And then more and more stamps in packages! A proper stamp fest! I particularly like the female footballer.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

Ro always treats you like the queen dear Elizabeth. And all those stamps. I knew you liked stamps, but I didn't know you were such a stamp collector. You should make a journal with stamp art and show them off. And I'm really sorry to hear about your sore shoulder, hand and arm. That's not good. Hopefully it is better soon because I imagine even other things are tough to do with one arm. I hope it feels better soon.Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

So sorry about your arm! What wonderful gifts!! Those old stamps are amazing. What sweet friends you have. :)

Carola Bartz said...

Oh bummer about your arm and shoulder. I really hope that it will heal fast and you can move your entire body again. We realize how much we use those body parts when they don't function anymore. You got some lovely gifts here, the teacup stickers are darling. Yes, many Etsy sellers use metered mail, I do, too, because buying postage through Etsy is cheaper than at the post office (and saves the trip to the post office plus standing in line) and with postage getting more expensive every year, this is an offer you can't decline as a seller if you want to make a little bit of money. Happy T day, Elizabeth and Bleubeard!

Christine said...

Lovely gifts so sorry about your arm!

Iris Flavia said...

I once broke my right arm and it got infected - a "fun" of 7+ months. And now I ripped the muscle of my left. Doc said 6 weeks+.
I am with you. But at least I can use both hands!
Now I want pressies, too (kidding).
You got such great ones I am happy for you :-)

Helen said...

Hope your arm improves soon and yo can type two-handed again. some lovely gifts you received.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

God bless you

Cloudia said...

God bless you. Feel Better soon 🙏🏽❤️

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow lots of presents! Fun stamps. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

What thoughtful gifts! Fun :)

I hope you recover quickly. Happy T Tuesday!

Kate Yetter said...

SO Sorry to hear that you hurt your arm! It's amazing how it can happen doing everyday things. You received some lovely gifts. Loving all the stamps and interested in what you will make with them.
Happy Tea DAy,
Kate

Jackie McGuinness said...

Lovely presents!

jinxxxygirl said...

Don't you hate it when you hurt something and don't remember how you hurt it? Both hubby and i have done that before... What a great Bearthday gift from Ro! Just love that little stamp... Happy T day! Hugs! deb!

RO said...

First, let me say how sad I am that wonderful Sally hurt herself, and thank goodness you are there to help out so much, despite being in pain yourself. You are such a great friend, which is commendable. I hope you can rest when you can, and that you both feel better very, very soon. Sending lots and lots of virtual hugs to you both. RO

CJ Kennedy said...

Such wonderful goodies. The teacup stickers are so pretty. I hope you and Sally feel better soon. Happy T Day

Caty said...

I'm so sorry you have sore shoulder, arm and hand Elizabeth, I hope you're a little better and not in pain. It is true that it is very difficult to do things with only one hand, even more so if it is the one we use the least.
How many wonderful things your friend Ro has sent you, you will be able to create many gorgeous projects. Happy T-day !
I hope that you will feel better soon dear, and that you can rest and have a nice Wednesday.
Big hugs, Caty

Sandra Cox said...

I am so sorry you hurt your shoulder, arm and hand.
That Ro's a keeper.
Hugs

craftytrog said...

Wonderful gifts from Ro, I love all the postage stamps, and the sweet water jug too.
Hope your arm is back in action soon.

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun and super thoughtful of Ro. Hope your arm gets better soon! Hugz and Happy T-day.

Birgit said...

I would buy a sling at your drug store so you don’t keep moving it. It will help and you may need to go to physio. I’m just thinking when I did this. Love stamps! I don’t collect them but many stamps are so neat looking. Love some of the stamps and that cute card is so sweet.

Sharon Madson said...

You sure got a lot of birthday goodies. I love those teacup stickers. I hope Sally is getting better, and back to her old self. So sorry she had that fall! Happy late T Day.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry that you have hurt your arm and shoulder, hope they feel better soon.
Thank you for showing your beautiful gifts.

All the best Jan

Kelly said...

HI Elizabeth!
Lots of goodies, both old and new.
I found out the hard way that most etsy sellers use the metered postage because the shipping cost through Etsy is less expensive than using our own postage. Depending on the package, the savings to both the buyer and the seller can be substantial.
Hugs & Creative Blessings!
~Kelly