Saturday, May 27, 2023

Love in a vase

 

Bleubeard and I are back today and we are joining Aimeslee, our host at Art Journal Journey, who has chosen Flowers as her theme.

Bleubeard and I have named this Love in a vase.  We have a couple of detail photos, too.




I began with a lovely background made with several Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Once dry, I added the focal image found in an old calendar to which I sewed a sheet of pink copier/printer paper.  I used another sheet of the same colored paper to computer generate the sentiment.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own Flowers journal page.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...yes, love can come in a vase. My garden is coming to life and I go out and cut flowers and foliage to fill numerous vases. This is a fabulous time of year.

Mae Travels said...

Flowers are really the best thing around us these days. Our garden has more flowers now than any other season — the late rhododendrons, the lilacs, the early hydrangeas! And I’ve been watching the BBC special about the Chelsea Flower Show in London, which is just amazing — you would like it because your namesake the Queen. visited the show every year of her reign.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

That's pretty. I like the texture on the paper (?) that the flowers are printed on. It's starting to go into bloom around here and I'm sure you are ahead of us! So pretty!

My name is Erika. said...

Those lilacs are just gorgeous. Lilacs are blooming here, and it's great to see them and smell them! Oh the smell is divine. I'd love some in my yard but it would take them so long to grow big enough to make this kind of bouquet. This is a gorgeous photo and another wonderful page for AJJ. Have a great Saturday. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely

Rita said...

Those beautiful lilacs are pretty much love in a vase. :)

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous. I do hope you are feeling better.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely flowers in the vase and it makes a great journal page. Hope you are getting some rest. Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth, that's a great image, and the stitching looks good too.
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

"Love in a vase" so sweet!

Nancy Chan said...

Lovely flowers in a vase. Enjoy your weekend.

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Sorry I'M new in your blog. Is bluebeard your pet?

Iris Flavia said...

What a funny coincidence - I got just that yesterday! And for a change I even had the vase ;-)
Very well done. Oh, I really need to use the sewing machine again. I hope I still remember how that worked (in case I can ask Ingo).
I need time!!!
See, that´s why I´m late, so with this I wish you a happy Sunday...

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love lilacs, this has become a wonderful journal page, I wish you a happy new week Hugs, Elke

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Elizabeth! That's the perfect title for this beautiful page and a vase of fresh lilacs is indeed love-ly! Thank you for linking this to AJJ. I'm really liking your Stazon reinker + alcohol technique, it makes such a dream-like pattern. I threw out all my old ink pads but I do think I might have kept my reinkers. Will have to try this sometime if I still have them! And did I mention, I always like seeing the stitching, it really adds to your art. Hope you can have a good week ahead, XXO

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just when I think I don't miss our caravan I see Lilacs and realise that although the caravan isn't missed so much, I really do miss the garden. It is a lovely page for AJJ, but it makes me feel sad, hugs, Chrisx

lichazul said...

Pretty page 💐☺️
Happy day
(I use traslator Google )