Friday, May 26, 2023

Blooms

 

I had intended to join Friday Smiles, but I am so far behind visiting my favorite sites, I don't seem to have the energy to add another blog hop where I must leave comments.  Instead, the only place you will find Bleubeard and me today is Art Journal Journey, where I am we are joining Aimeslee, our host, who has chosen Flowers as her theme.

For obvious reasons, I have named this Bloom.  I also have a few detail shots.






This page started as 110 lb. cardstock to which I added various Staz-on reinkers  and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  The stamp at the bottom was a clear stamp and it surprised me it stamped so well.  Bloom started as a die cut that my friend Sharon sent me to which I added the pink sticker letters.  The focal image was originally a new card with a blank interior that I cut a bit smaller to accommodate the pink copier/printer paper I sewed to it.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.  There is still ample time to join us this month.

One handed planting is difficult.  So is one handed mowing.

However, I managed to do both through the afternoon and evening.  This is what my table looked like 

after I mowed, swept, brought out my garden hose, and potted all the herbs that were not dead that I bought on Herb Day.  I was simply too tired to do any more, except take a much needed shower.  Today is a new day and it is going to be called "clean up day."

Proof I potted the plants

 By now my hand was so shaky, I couldn't get a clear shot.


Yes, this is when I stopped taking photos.  I simply couldn't hold the camera steady in my "good" hand any longer.  Now I'm off to bed.  It's been a long day and night.  Thanks to all who drop by today.  I am frantically trying to play catch up with those who visit daily.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...I'm sorry to see and hear that you are having problems holding you camera steady. Take care and I wish you well.

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with the rescue of the surviving plants. We just got several more herbs for our collection, and find that we are out of pots! Our dill is already big enough to cut some and eat in salads.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear the hand is still bugging you. But your page is very bright and cheery. And full of blooms too. Perfect for Aimeslee's challenge. I'm glad you were able to manage to a page. I hope you received my 2 emails on Wednesday also; nothing to report yet but I'm trying-smile. I hope your hand feels better soon. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely page. Hope you get better soon Elizabeth

Caty said...

It's a fantastic page Elizabeth! I really like that background that you have created, and the card in the center is very colorful and cheerful. Of course, Bloom is the perfect name! I really like the stitching and the flowers below.
I see that you have had a lot of work in your garden, and it is normal that you are very tired. I hope your shoulder and hand are better. I always say that what is not done today will be done tomorrow.
I hope you have a great weekend,
Big hugs, Caty

Jenn Jilks said...

Take your time. There is no sense in wearing yourself out visiting. You look after yourself!

jinxxxygirl said...

Elizabeth i can picture you doing the rest but how in the world did you sweep one handed!!! Unless maybe it was a push broom...hmmm.. lol Take care of yourself dear Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, I was wondering where you were when you didn't post, looks like you have been working very hard, and i hope you didn't overdo it. I have had a couple of bad days, too, and I am happy to feel a bit better today. I hope Bleubeard and Squiggles have been supervising you by the garden work. Your journal page is gorgeous, too. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Please do take care of You-first please. Must have felt good to get your plants potted-that's a big task too. sometimes we just need to take a break from blogging for a bit to catch up and heal-hugs thinking of you

Elephant's Child said...

Your health is MUCH more important than visiting blogs. Look after yourself. We will happily keep the light on for you. Huge thanks for the effort you put into this post - and I love the blooms.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely, vibrant page you created. My goodness, all the work you did with one hand. I hope you're feeing better.

Jeanie said...

This is awfully pretty -- love those colors. I'm sorry about the hand issues -- yes, I can imagine it's very difficult. Hang in there.

Rita said...

Hope your hand gets better.
Bright and colorful page! That is really a cute clear stamp.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend. :)

Iris Flavia said...

This is a very beautiful page (and my sewing machine again looks in a mad, angry way at me...)
Oh! Don´t overdo it!!!!
I started to use my left arm (without weights) in training again and soon it started to hurt.
I will keep doing this but peu à peu, other I end up at day1!
Please be careful...
We are stubborn, huh?

P.S. I left a short explanation on HTML in comments in my comment-section here.
I needed three tries as blogger, even when I used "" DID obey! LOL. It´s a pain. I have no idea how they did the programming on that! No outsmarting it... So I´m not going to try the same on your comment section, maybe it works different from mine (I have an Aussie-version).
To healing soon.

*Vicki* said...

The blooms on your page are so colorful and cheerful! I love the doodle effect of it and the stitching is very lovely as well! Brilliant! Hope that you're feeling better soon! HUGS

craftytrog said...

I love your 'Bloom' page Elizabeth, it's a beauty!
Sorry to hear you're still suffering, take care of that arm.
Have a good weekend,
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

A beautiful flower piece!

I can feel how tired you were in those shaky photos, but I can see how much work you got done. I'd be proud if I were you :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a wonderful flower page and you've done a lot of pottery Elizabeth, hope you've had some recovery. I wish you a nice Sunday Hugs, Elke

Aimeslee Winans said...

Elizabeth, dear, I hope you and Valerie don't mind my prayers for all 3 of us. We are all sort of in the same pain boat and nobody better get seasick, lol, groan! :)))) I suppose I should join the chorus of Don't Overdo, but I completely understand your frustration. You do not want to ruin your herbs you bought, you don't want to let your friends down not visiting, and you wanted to add to the AJJ entries. (And let me tell you how thankful I am for this brilliant and beautiful page getting linked up!) I can only imagine the pain in your bad arm from shoulder to hand. I know the meaning of going postal as to pain. You are one tough cookie and I admire you for it. I pray you get some much needed time off from that pain so you can carry on. Hugs! XOX

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful colours and I love the little flowers at the bottom. I hope you didn't have a bigger problem after your session in the garden.Hugs, Chrisx