Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Smiles 511 joins AJJ and my monthly calendar

 

It's Friday, which means it's once again time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  I'll be sharing several things today.

My calendar for April is complete and even though I have written in it every day, it appears several of the gel pens I used are too light.

April is complete, but I am shocked that the scan doesn't show up better.  It was an interesting month where I celebrated both my friend Scott's birthday and mine twice.  Although you probably can't read it, I also celebrated Jo's and Nicole's birthdays, both of whom are T Tuesday participants.

I got a little carried away with the flowers, which is our host at Art Journal Journey, Aimeslee's theme this month.  Of course, I have a couple of internet friends whose calendars put mine to shame.

Tomorrow is Herb Day at the Sedgwick County Extension Office.  I will be there with my list and my camera.  

I've been digging up pots so they will be ready if and when I find the items I'm looking for.  I've also potted the plants I purchased on my bEARTHday.  The veggies have also been planted in the side garden.  I must cut back my roses before it gets too warm. 

Speaking of warm, it is supposed to get to 91 degrees F (32.78 C) on Saturday.  I plan to go early, hopefully no later than 8 a.m., which means I may fall asleep during the ceremonies leading to the coronation, which begin at 1:30 a.m. my time. 

Now for a bit of cat humor:

 

Where does a cat go when it loses its tail?
The re-tail store!

 

I saw a neighbor talking to her cat today, it was hilarious that she thought her cat could understand her. I went home and told my dog.

 

Its been proved that cats understand commands as well, if not better than dogs, they just choose to ignore them.

 

I saw a poster today that asked, “Have you seen my cat?” So, I called the number and said that I didn’t. I like to help where I can.

 

What's a cat's favorite color?
Purr-ple!
 

 

What's a cat's favorite game to play with a mouse?
Catch!
 

 

Why do cats make terrible storytellers?
They only have one tail.
 

 

Why was the cat afraid of the tree?
Because of its bark!
 

 

What's a kitten's favorite kind of sticker?
Scratch and sniff.
 

 

How do French cats say “Thank You”?
"Meow-ci Beaucoup."

 

What's a cat's favorite dessert?
Chocolate mouse!
 
 

 

Why do cats always win video games?
Because they have nine lives!
 

 

https://bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/cat-meme-61.jpg?resize=500,342&quality=82&strip=all


https://bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/cat-meme-92.jpg?resize=500,500&quality=82&strip=all


https://bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/cat-meme-96.jpg?resize=500,500&quality=82&strip=all


https://bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/cat-meme-101.jpg?resize=500,415&quality=82&strip=all

 https://bestlifeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/cat-meme-87.jpg?resize=500,391&quality=82&strip=all  That's all for this week.  Bleubeard said some of these were NOT funny and some were just dumb. But what does he know?  He's a cat!  

Please join us at Art Journal Journey and Friday Smiles.  Of course, it goes without saying, but we will anyway, please start your weekend with a big huge smile.



25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have some fun funnies today, they made me smile 😃. Nice Calendars, too. Mine are still empty, like my head this morning! Have a lovely Friday, hugs,Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ingo´s scanner sucks also, so I take pics now mostly...
But yay to calendars and parties. And herbs - gotta get water on my poor chives!
32C?!!!! Lucky you! 12C/53F max here...

I am tempted to make a call like in that poster-joke! And the Egyptian! Haha! To Bleubeard! And Smiles.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for the cat related smile - the flat earth one in particular is right on the money.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, seeing your plants reminded me that we have a gardener coming next week to make a raised bed. I decided to start growing more in the garden again but don't fancy all that bending. The funnies are good and many of them are so true of cats. Well done in getting the calendar done too. Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela XxX

pearshapedcrafting said...

You're certainly well prepared for May your calendar page is so pretty. Ready for your herbs too.Its still a bit cool here so I won't be buying my herbs just yet! Love the Egyptian cat in a box! Hugs,Chrisx

Mae Travels said...

I hope you get some great plants at Herb Day! Sounds like a great idea. And enjoy watching the coronation. Have a pot of tea and a scone!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

mamapez5 said...

Lovely to have you back Elizabeth. Tell Bleubeard I thought they were funny!
I hope you find some interesting plants at your herb day, before it gets too hot.
I am not good at filling in a calendar, but you did a grand job.
I hope this week goes well for you. Kate x

Annie said...

It's good to have you back. Love the cat funnies.
Hugs,
Anie x

Tom said...

...can you really get carried away with flowers?

DVArtist said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. It's been a tough few months and I am fighting for my life here. I put a short explaination on FFO today. It's horrible over here with medical, however, coming to your blog brightened my morning. I so wish it was 91° here. It is 50s in th day and low 40s at night. My plants are hanging in butttt..... I love that you got herbs and are planting things up. Have a wonderful weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

Send that weather East. It would be perfect weather for our weekend in Maine. Have fun at the Herb Festival and enjoy the weekend.

Christine said...

Enjoy herb day

Lisca said...

I'm still laughing from reading and looking at your funnies.
Enjoy the herb festival.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

Love the cat jokes.
Enjoy the herb festival. :)

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like all the flowers. They are such a great way to say spring and May. It's too bad the colors are so light. I'm watching the coronation tomorrow morning also. I've never seen one. Have a great weekend my friend. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

You are fun!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You can never have too many flowers Elizabeth, glad to see you treated yourself to new things to grow for your Birthday. I hope the weather is nice and warm for you this weekend, everyone in the UK is keeping fingers crossed for the rain to hold off during the coronation.
Happy creative May, hope to find some AJJ play time in between hospital appointments this month. Take care Hugs TRacey xx
P.S I did laugh at *if the Earth was Flat* hee hee.. thanks for the smiles x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful flower calendar and great all the fun cats!
Have a happy weekend, Elke

craftytrog said...

I love all the flowers on your May calendar. You can never have too many flowers Elizabeth.
Great funnies too.
Happy weekend!
Alison

craftytrog said...

I love all the flowers on your May calendar. You can never have too many flowers Elizabeth.
Great funnies too.
Happy weekend!
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

It's not that hot here yet, but I'm ready!

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoy herb day ... I enjoyed your funnies, thank you.

All the best Jan

Caty said...

Your calendar pages are very pretty, and your plants are going to grow very well. I would like to have a garden where I can plant flowers and trees, I have to settle for having my pots in the kitchen and dining room, but they are very pretty.
Thank you very much for the smiles. Bleubeard knows a lot, he is a very smart cat. how many years has Bleubeard yet ?
I wish you a nice Sunday, big hugs
Caty

Neet said...

What a clever cat that one is that is trying to collect some insurance, either that or plain crazy.
Love that yu chose to illustrate your diary with flowers, lots of them. Not to worry that some of the writing does not show, stops me having a good old nosey.
Take care in that heat.
hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for sharing at AJJ Flowers this month, XOX. Your cat funnies are hilarious!