Monday, April 3, 2023

T Stands For Leftover Coffee

 

Today T Stands For Tuesday is joining Art Journal Journey, which is where Bleubeard and I are hosting this month.

For T, Bleubeard and I are sharing a large mug of coffee.

We named it Leftover Coffee, not because the coffee was left over, but because

Bleubeard and I filled the mug with papers left over from other projects, some of which were small, yet fit perfectly on the mug.

We started with a sheet of 110 lb cardstock we had previously laid under several pages I had spritzed with my handmade shimmering mists.  Even though there is very little spray mists on this page, it still buckled badly and I had a hard time affixing the mug, which I first printed on copier/printer paper, then backed with part of a used file folder. All papers in the mug came from previous projects, some from last year and some from several years ago.  No piece is too small to save in my world.

Here is my leftover coffee on my dining room table.  You might also be able to tell I have not decorated my table for Easter.  For some reason I can't seem to get motivated to do so this year.

I have an update on the Anniversary swap.  Several people have written that they have sent their swap items to their swap partners.  Please be aware, these are not due to your swap partner until July 3.  If you are a swap participant, please be sure you do NOT share your swapped item until July 17/18 (Monday or Tuesday), depending on when you normally publish your T Tuesday post. 
 
It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 
 

 
 


31 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun ☕coffee cup, it looks nice and large, too, just how I like it. Happy T Day! Hugs, Valerie
I hope you don't give Bleubeard too much coffee ☕!

Rostrose said...

Hooray, I actually managed to be the first in the linkup, dear Elizabeth 😁 I love your leftover coffee - you managed to create a small work of art from leftovers that lacks nothing. And I like the color mood.
I haven't decorated for Easter yet. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to lift the suitcase with the Easter things from the top of the shelf... It's more important to me at the moment to experience the blooming in the garden and outside in nature...
All the best to you and to Bleubeard and Happy T-Day! Have a good pre-Easter week!
Hugs, Traude 😘
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/ruckschau-auf-den-marz-2023.html

Rostrose said...

Okay, so when I refreshed I wasn't the first after all; Valerie was faster. Too bad, but it's not a competition 😉

kathyinozarks said...

I love your collaged coffee mug! Thanks for hosting AJJ and T Hugs from the lake

CJ Kennedy said...

What a pretty cup. It would make a nice, large cup of tea, too. Happy T Day

My name is Erika. said...

I really like this idea and also how you call it leftover coffee. That's a cool cup. And your dookie fortune is perfect because I know you love a cup of coffee. And I like the blue word-is that for Bleubeard? This is a great idea to combine T day and AJJ. Have a super T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Darla said...

What a creative coffee cup. Those scraps could not do much on their own but together they are art. Isn't that the wonderful thing about collage?

DVArtist said...

You have the best imagination. I love this big cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day today.

Lisca said...

Now that is what I call a large cup of coffee. In your case, leftover coffee. I like it that you and Bluebeard did this together. I was actually looking for the odd paw print, but dear Bluebeard has been very good and didn’t walk all over your creation with dirty feet.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

I am loving all the bits in your coffee cup. Beautiful collage of papers.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

You find so many ways to reuse art materials and scraps!

Thanks for hosting and for encouraging more ideas in other people.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely collage!

Sharon Madson said...

I did a scheduled post, then forgot to link! Love your recycled coffee cup! It is large enough. Happy t day.

Cloudia said...

No piece of beauty to small to save!

Iris Flavia said...

Not a piece wasted, not even the coffee - clever idea!
Last Saturday Ingo made me a cup of coconut-coffee. A whole big cup. Yikes, it was so bitter!
Oh, I can bite my butt I threw my cutouts away (maybe I find them, chances are low).

Amila said...

This is a beautiful coffee cup with leftover paper. Nice colour combination too. This is a creative way to create art and crafts with leftover paper.
Thanks for hosting the T party. Have a great day!

craftytrog said...

I love that patchwork teacup Elizabeth!
A wonderful page.
Alison

nwilliams6 said...

What a super creative coffee cup and journal page, Elizabeth. Very well collaged and created. I have finished my ATC but will not be mailing it until early June and not posting it until after you give the go ahead. I think Sharon has given you my email address and if you email me your address, I will send you one too (I made a special one for you!). Happy T-day and giant hugz

RO said...

As you may already know, I simply adore anything with purple in it, so bravo for the fun coffee mug that you decorated so wonderfully. I totally love your calendar which allows me to peek into your world a little and to enjoy the stamps and stickers. Be well, my good friend! Hugs, RO

Let's Art Journal said...

Hi E, I hope you and everyone in the T Gang is well 😊. Loving your collage coffee cup today, it's such a lovely design with all those paper prices. Seems I've missed quite a lot on your blog while I've been away, your trip to the Spice Merchant is always fun and I adore those birds that you created on your "It's for the birds" post, what an amazing page ☺️. Thanks so much for all your kind wishes on my blog posts and wishing you a wonderful April! Hugs, Jo x
p.s. myself and Lyn have been in contact but haven't swapped anything yet, everyone must be so inspired to have swapped things already ❤️. x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your collaged cup. I'd enjoy a cuppa out of it :) Happy T Tuesday!

jinxxxygirl said...

Love your collaged t cup idea Elizabeth!! What a perfect way to use up all your bits and bobs! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Sandra Cox said...

Love the textured effect and those pink polka dots:)
Another fun piece:)

Let's Art Journal said...

Yes, thank you for the birthday wishes! It was so kind of you to think of me yesterday ❤️. We've just been out to my favourite mexican restaurant tonight to celebrate my birthday and we had a lovely time eating tacos, burritos and loaded nachos, and drinking cocktails - it was a suprise (my hubby spoils me) 😊. Thanks again and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Jenn Jilks said...

That is really fun!

Linda said...

Very clever design. Thanks for sharing.

sirkkis said...

Your recycled page is wonderful. Love how you combined it.
Have a nice day xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your collage coffee cup.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

This is an interesting idea and a pretty cool coffee cup. I always enjoy your recycled projects.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to have missed tea too! I love your cup of scraps. My only Easter decoration - if you can call it that- is a vase full of beautiful daffodils that I bought in a quick essential grocery shop last night on the way back from my Uncle Pete's funeral. Hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Another clever idea for the AJJ theme, Elizabeth. Sometimes you need a tiny piece to complete a collage, so you've got it covered. XOX