Monday, April 3, 2023

March is complete and April ready to share

 

March is definitely complete.  Those black splotches at the top of the page are when I shook my new black Posca pen and it pottied on my page.

March was a month of joy because of AJJ, but it started especially sad.  I ended the month on a high note by taking my friend Sally to eat for her birthday.  She loved her meal even though I was extremely disappointed with mine.  However, the next day, I got four bottles of an adhesive I will use that makes me happy.  If you like minutia, here is my colorful March calendar and not so colorful life.
 
I had trouble finding ways to express recycling on my calendar, including the repurposed gifted stickers and stamping I hoped reflected how I feel about recycling, reusing, and repurposing.  Although my April calendar is wimpy, I am joining Art Journal Journey, which is where Bleubeard and I are hosting this month.
 
Lots of birthdays in April, not the least of which are Jo and Nicole.  I used stamps that showed my love of the earth and how I try to protect it.  I just noticed my own bEARTHday is missing.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are grateful you dropped by because you won't see these on any other site than here.  Be sure to drop by Jo's today to wish her a happy birthday.
 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your calendars are always interesting, I am just too chaotic to get a calendar done. Nice entry for AJJ, too. Have a great April, may it be a happy and healthy month for you. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Being on autopilot is hopefully history.
Love the "normal is boring"- one! Glad we are far from that :-)
And yes to celebrating small victories and to know what really matters... to a great new month with awareness.

Elephant's Child said...

Your calendars blow me away - and make me realise how dull my life is...

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think your calendars are boring. They are functional. And that's not a bad thing. But I get how it could be difficult to recycle on a calendar. Maybe a posted stamp off an envelope? Have a great Monday and I will "see" you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I love all the colorful entries in the different pen colors you had in March. :)

Christine said...

Sorry about the spilled pen splotches, hate when that happens to me I try to incorporate them in my art.

CJ Kennedy said...

Always fun calendar. I like the Posca dots on the page. They make me think of the Eyes of March 😉

DVArtist said...

I truely admire you for keeping such wonderful calendars. I am just not focused enough to keep them. I can't believe you remembered my birthday is this month. 71, I really don't feel that old. Have a nice day today.

craftytrog said...

Your calendars are great Elizabeth, I love the stamps and stickers that you used.
Happy April!
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

You're a lot busier than I am :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loving your calendar - the first thing I noticed was that your own Birthday was missing ! Love the way you fill in your entries with different inks! Hugs,Chrisxx

nwilliams6 said...

Glad AJJ and the end of the month brought you joy, Elizabeth. Lovely recycling on April. Definitely reflects your passion. Hugz

Aimeslee Winans said...

Busy woman! You definitely need that calendar, XOX