Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Sweet

 

Bleubeard and I are back with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.

Sometimes we have to sacrifice for the good of art.  That's the case here.  

In fact, here are the detail shots:

I washed the plastic-like wrapper and cut the piece I wanted for this spread.

This image came from an old calendar. 

I rotated the word (so you didn't have to turn your head sideways) I wrote from excess background scrapbook paper.

After washing the wrapper to a York mint patty, I added it to my spread.

Everything except the scrapbook paper background (which I was given) and the ink used for the sentiment was recycled.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  He is a bit upset because there was no kibble, but he know his kibble comes in large bags, and wouldn't make a great background.  

We hope you enjoyed what we recycled today and we are glad you are here to cheer us on.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of recycle, reuse, repurpose.  

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun piece, Elizabeth, now I am craving something with peanuts! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Whilst visiting I have a pickled egg and a sloce of bread with truffle butter and tilsit cheese - quite a contrast to your sweet piece!
But at least I joined you with the ocean.

My name is Erika. said...

You're making me hungry this morning. Smile. This is a fun page. Sweet is a fun theme for your challenge, and it's a nice way to recycle the York Peppermint Patty wrapper. Hope your week is going well. I have some pages starting tomorrow; sorry I haven't posted anything since Saturday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page of eye candy.

Mae Travels said...

York Peppermint Patties are just about my favorite candy. I order huge bags of the minis from amazon.com and devour them. I like the little ones because they have slightly more chocolate.

ENJOY your candy!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, please :) I'll take one of everything ;)

jinxxxygirl said...

MMMMMmmmm... this page is absolutely yummy ! Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Yummy entry

kwarkito said...

A very original piece. I wonder what kind of coffee it is for :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

... my grand-daughter would love to eat the chocolate cake :)

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

Choc;choc mint; choc pb. My faves:)
Hugs

Cloudia said...

Heh heh 🐱😉

craftytrog said...

This is making me hungry. It's a delicious page Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

Poor Bleubird. He'll cope!

Nancy said...

I think you would have some volunteers to help empty those wrappers for you! Sounds as if Bleubeard was quite attentive to the proceedings, too.

pearshapedcrafting said...

A brilliant fun page today Elizabeth - probably even more fun to have eaten those goodies! I have some chocolate waiting for me to eat it!! Hugs,Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun, Elizabeth. Wonderful recycling! Love your items!!! Hugz