Monday, April 10, 2023

Know your apples

 

Bleubeard and I are back at Art Journal Journey today.  We are hosting this month with our Recycle, Reuse, and/or Repurpose theme.  I had planned for this to be a quick, easy journal page, of which everything was recycled.  I ran into trouble when I tried to scan the pages in this very old book that was falling apart.  Unfortunately, it was falling apart in the wrong places!

Enough whining.  Bleubeard and I hope you know your apples.

A few close-up shots follow.



As I mentioned earlier, the background was created from the book pages that were falling apart.  I used the apples, fussy cut from an old calendar (with a linen texture), to hide the worst of the problem. 

Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by today.  We look forward to seeing what you recycle, repurpose, or reuse and join us at Art Journal Journey.


10 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

An Apple a day keeps the doctor at bay. Fun page, good idea. Happy Easter Monday, hugs, Valerie 🤗

Elephant's Child said...

Unsurprisingly, a lot of these are not varieties we get, and I cannot see some that we do get (and enjoy).
Another lovely creation.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice recycled page. Using falling apart book pages is always a good reuse of them because what else can you do with them. Maybe start a fire or line-smile. This is another fun page for your challenge. Have a great start to the new week my friend. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I’m curious about the date of the apple varieties on the list. I know that the most popular varieties now are not the same as the ones that were popular 50 years ago, and also not those from 100 years ago.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever way of fixing flaws. My favorite apple is Granny Smith. Enjoy your day!

Christine said...

good information

craftytrog said...

A great page Elizabeth!
Braeburns are my favourite apple.

Divers and Sundry said...

There are a lot of these I never see at the grocery.

Rita said...

I only know a few apples, actually--lol!
Happy Monday. :)

Sandra Cox said...

This was not only eye-catching but helpful. Nice to know what the apples 'specialty' is.
Hugs