Monday, April 10, 2023

T Stands For Eggroll Coffee Book Cover

 

Today we are meeting at my dining room table with another recycling project for Bleubeard's and my recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.   Of course, it's also time for T Tuesday.

I came up with the idea to repurpose this packaging to cover the book that holds my collage fodder drink mugs.

You may remember I served these for T one Tuesday.

I still haven't sewn these collage fodder mugs into the book cover, so I have a lot of work to do to turn this into the book I envision in my head.  Note the mug I glued to the Egg Rolls box matches the 16 I used in my collage fodder coffee pages.  I love that I am able to size these mugs in Photoshop.  It's also the mug you see in my T Tuesday invitation that sits on my right sidebar.

I was sure the box would fit around the book cover, but it falls short on the side on which I added the mug.

It will be fine on this side, even though it slipped right before I took the photo.

When I held it in place, you can see the other side will cover the book, but this side, the one with the added mug, will not.

Unfortunately, it's back to the drawing board.  This collage fodder mug book may never get finished.  Any and all suggestions and recommendations will be considered (and appreciated).  It's obvious I could use the help.

Today I recycled a box that held coffee flavored egg rolls in order to turn it into a cover for my collage fodder mug book.  Sadly, some recycling projects don't turn out as I envision them.
 
You've seen my recycling failure, now it's your turn.  It does NOT have to be anything recycled, but it does need to include a drink reference.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, magazine images, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with other T participants will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post, not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday. 


 

Bleubeard and I also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of recycle, reuse, repurpose.    


22 thoughtful remarks:

Cloudia said...

Everything is recycled eventually. . . . Even energy is not destroyed, just transmuted!

Mae Travels said...

My experience with book covers is that they work well when the material for them is flexible. Cartons for food are often rather stiff. As a result, I don’t really understand what you have in mind for the cover. Good luck with figuring out how to do it!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely place setting. Great way to recycle that coffee flavored egg roll box. I think I would have liked to tasted them. Happy T Day.

kathyinozarks said...

Always fun to try something new-I know you will come up with something for your book cover. those sounded good too
Happy T

Carola Bartz said...

I love that you recycle for your book cover even though I am not quite sure how you will do this. So unfortunately (but not unsurprisingly) I am not of any help here.

Christine said...

Good job recycling this piece!

Lisca said...

I love coffee flavored egg rolls. I wish I could buy them here. But then turning the box into a book cover is a good idea. I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you but I’m sure you’ll find another purpose for that box.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

How about making a book with pockets for your collage fodder pages? You could use your egg roll box for the covers and make them taller. I'm guessing you'd cover those pieces of cardboard. But the box by itself works for T-which is great. And table setting looks perfect for these. Nice tea bag holder and tea cup too. They work perfectly with the egg rolls. I hope your week has started well, and you have a great T day too my friend. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Now, that's really cool! Like the recyling a lot!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry things didn't turn out as you wanted. For me, the cardboard looks too thin for book covers, but I am sure you will be able to recycle it into something else. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and recycling x

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck. I am really looking forward to seeing where this will take you (and us).

Iris Flavia said...

I can´t help myself, I have "A kind of magic" in my ear.
To the extraordinary.

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, It's a good idea to recycle this packaging as a book cover. If I understood you correctly, only a few centimeters are missing to make everything perfect. I would just piece on / stitch. Since everything here is collage-like, it's a good idea not to just make the packaging in one piece... (I hope I was able to express myself reasonably well...?)
Happy T-Day and a good week 🌷☘️🌷!
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/costa-rica-10-kapitel-samara-delfine.html

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm not sure I understand your project. Are you using the cardboard packaging to cover the book cover? As Rostrose said, couldn't you just add a bit extra cardboard packaging to make the cover fit? Duct Tape would work. I'll be interested to see how your project turns out. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm trying to figure out what a coffee flavored egg roll is. That photo on the box doesn't look like any egg roll I've ever seen, but I'm a sucker for "coffee flavored".

I somehow completely missed T Tuesday *sigh*

jinxxxygirl said...

Elizabeth i hope you'll show your book cover when finished. Its a really great recycled idea... I;ve spent some time daydreaming over how i want to do the cover of my Altered Bee Book and no REALLY great creative ideas have come to me yet... thankgoodness i still have several pages to go in that book.. I really enjoy taking photos of the waterlilies. I bet your bathtub was lovely. Both the coatrack and bookcase are for our home. i don't think the canvas will be anything to put in the stockshow.. more something to hang on the wall in my craftroom and make me smile.. :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, there are two ways you could do this if you really want to use this box for the cover. First you could cut down the centre and add a new spine to the box or secondly cut away the main parts on each side and mount them onto a new piece of card which fits the cover. Don't give up on it there is always a way. Before I forget the pens I was using are Arteza and the main company is based in Florida. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I bet those biscuits tasted great. I love the idea for your book. I did wonder whether you could find a coordinating colour card and make a border to fit or add as a spine and take your wrapper right to the edge. I do hope you will find a way to finish it. Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

Amila said...

This is a great way to reuse packaging as a book cover. I am sorry that you couldn't finish the project. If I do this, I will try to paste some other papers for the remaining part and make the book cover looks like a collage.
I hope you will find the right way to finish this book cover from all suggestions of the T-day readers. :)
Have a great day!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good try. I have so many outdoor chores to do!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your table setting looks nice.

A shame things didn't turn out as you wanted ...

All the best Jan