Sunday, April 9, 2023

Going Green

 

Bleubeard and I have another journal page to share with Art Journal Journey.  He and I are hosting this month and our theme is recycle, reuse, and repurpose.  I had a terrible time trying to scan this page.  No matter what I tried or how often I re-scanned it, I got an error when I tried to upload it to my blog.  Bleubeard was no help.  He let me know he doesn't know how to scan anything and promptly left the office.  As a result, I was forced to photograph it.  The irony is, the close up details cropped nicely and worked well from the scan that wouldn't load.

Bleubeard and I call this Going Green.  We have a few detail shots from the scanned image.

The town,

the people,

 the concept.

I began by sewing a page from an old Reader's Digest I took (with permission) from a friend's recycle bin to (new) 110 lb cardstock.  I purchased a bag of avocados and they were in this plastic bag I draped over the cardstock.  I tried to use an old used file folder for the backing, but it wasn't the right size.  No matter how I stretched the plastic, I finally gave up and used something new, along with the new dark green thread.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you dropped by today and we hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.
 
Things are definitely going green in my world:
 




 
Finally, for those of you who celebrate it, 
 
https://www.servicemaster-dak.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/happy-easter.jpg  have a marvelous holiday today.
 

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I love your work - and your signs of Spring.

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjo your green garden, lovel page. Happy Easter! Hugs, valerie

Rita said...

Happy Easter to you, too!
Lovely spring flowers. :)

Sami said...

Spring is starting in your garden :)
I feel your pain with the scanner Elizabeth, there are times my scanner just won't cooperate either! Nice pages nevertheless :)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to going green! Well done, the page and oh, your garden. Here it´s still too cold.

Mae Travels said...

Happy Easter! Great to see your early spring flowers blooming, and finally some nice weather.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

So much green in this post. I love it. That is a nice way to recycle, and creates amazing texture. I usually always use my camera to get my page photos, but the nice thing about scanning is it flattened out the page so you don't get those rolled corners. And you actually have Easter flowers for Easter. I did notice my daffs were just poking up where the snow had meted back. It's melting now though. Smile. Have a great Easter my friend. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely page and wonderful to see the spring shoots

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever way to reuse the produce bag. Your hyacinths are so pretty. I'm jealous you have tulips. We planted a zillion tulip bulbs, but the bunnies ate them all. Happy Easter!

Divers and Sundry said...

Those bags are hard to deal with. Good work finding such a cool use!

Rostrose said...

Going green is always a good way, dear Elisabeth, even if there are obstacles 😉 Great artwork!
Happy Easter to you and Bleubeard 🐣🐰🪺!
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/ruckschau-auf-den-marz-2023.html

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz !!

we bee on free wi fi two day !!!

sew stoppin bye with paste N coppee

with easturr greetinz and NOE BURD

happee fun day hippee hoppee :) ♥♥

Sharon Madson said...

I have to laugh at Bleubeard leaving the office! So funny!one of these days I want to see these cats. I hope you had a lovely Easter.

sirkkis said...

A fine idea; the net is familiar and great for recycling.
Enjoy your lovely growing garden,
With best wishes xx

craftytrog said...

A brilliant idea and page Elizabeth!
Lovely photos from your garden too, we have lots of hyacinths and other spring flowers in ours, too many to mention. My husband went crazy planting lots of bulbs last year.
I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Elizabeth. I like your page. The town illustration and netting are perfect for your message. Your flowers are lovely! XOX