Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Unconditional love

 

It's once again time to join Erika our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  By now you may know her theme is RED.

For obvious reasons, I call this 

Unconditional Love.  

For the background, I mixed a Staz-on reinker with 91% isopropyl alcohol, then spread it on white 110 lb cardstock using a makeup sponge.  Once dry, I gently spread a napkin from my stash using a glue stick.  I then cut a piece of black 140 lb cardstock and added the word "Unconditional" using my white gel pen.  Finally, I added red hearts from my stash to compliment the ones in the napkin.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of the color Red.
 

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Mia said...

I love this page, Elizabeth. Great idea to add hearts from your stash. By the way, I know the napkin! Hugs, my friend.

Iris Flavia said...

LOVEly page!
Not sure about totally unconditional, though.
It´s a give and take. And if all hell breaks lose I´ll never try Rollmops again, so much for unconditional ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a sweet background, and it's very romantic too. My page has lots of hearts today too, but I love hearts, so that makes this page very appealing. I hadn't thought of using doves, but they work. Thanks again for sharing another page. I really do appreciate it! Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

This a pretty and traditional page. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page would make lovely giftwrap

Jenn Jilks said...

This is lovely!

Jeanie said...

This is just enchanting, Elizabeth. Maybe one of my faves of yours!

Between company last week, prepping for a Cork Poppers do, an ear and/or sinus infection, and then this week's mass shooting in our town, I'm so behind blog reading, I'll never catch up! I'll try to take a look at all but not comment and hopefully be back on schedule this week!

Cindy McMath said...

A very pretty page! I also loved the piece you posted on your T post.

Christine said...

Lovely hearts

Divers and Sundry said...

A beautiful thought.

kathyinozarks said...

hoping you see this in time the chiefs parade has just started here https://www.kshb.com/live#vidJump your governor is in the parade too

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Beautiful! Both the art and the sentiment.

Sandra Cox said...

Unconditional Love--purrfect.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely page.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

This is so sweet, it really stands out for Valentines Day. When I looked at it I thought it was a design for some fancy wrapping paper - it could be, you have done it so well. love the hearts against the grey of the words on the white background.
Hugs, Neet xxx