Thursday, February 16, 2023

Random

 

I am once again joining Erika our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  As you may know by now, she asks that we use the color red as the predominant color in our art.

Random.  Disparate.  Unrelated.  That definitely describes today's entry.  Let me break it down for you.

Look closely and you will notice a postage stamp showing the governor of Puerto Rico, who served from 1948 to 1964.  That means this is a very old postage stamp.  It also means I can join Nicole and her Friday Face Off
 
I'm a tad late for Valentine's Day, but early for the flowers I have included.  I also have another face for Friday Face Off, even if it's a cartoon face.

I'm either late or early for Santa, depending on your perspective, but it's another Friday Face Off face!  The red rectangle under the letter M is supposed to read Bloom.  The one to the right of the flowers and flip flops reads Journey.

Tulips will soon be in bloom, and that adorable bird also has a Friday Face Off face.

All these images, whether winter, spring, or summer (see the July 4th inspired images?) live up to the title of RANDOM.

For the background, I mixed a red Staz-on reinker with 91% isopropyl alcohol, then spread it on the white 110 lb cardstock using a makeup sponge.  Once dry, I grabbed my alphabet stencil and wrote the word Random slightly off center of the journal page using a red gel pen.  Stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers were placed randomly on the page after I added (glued) parts of a sheet of red (with yellow stars) wrapping paper.

Thank you for your visit today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to visit.  It means more than you know.  We will also be hanging out at Art Journal Journey today and Friday Face Off tonight, so we hope to see you at these blogs, too.

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great collage collection Elizabeth it has a feel good vibe with lots of smiles. It's never to early for Santa :)) Happy creative day Hugs Tracey xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love our happy, random collage! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

You are on a roll. I love this one. It might be my favorite one so far as it is lots of fun and clever too. Funny how sometimes a bunch of random items together don't work but you laid this out nicely and they do. I saw yesterday that Tim Holtz (on his blog) had put out some now collage materials all done by color, and yours definitely fits the bill. I like yours better than his usual image too. Thanks again for sharing. It is much appreciated. I hope you're having a nice week. Our snow is slowly melting and our mud is slowly drying up, and hopefully all the frost will come out of the ground so we don't get a second mud season next month or in April. Smile. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. Reminds me of the happy times spent pouring over the Can You Find page in the highlights magazine.

Barbara said...

That is a real RED eye catcher, Elizabeth. Each time I look I see something different!

Jeanie said...

This is so happy and valentiney! I think this challenge is really working for you and bringing out some wonderful things.

jinxxxygirl said...

I LIKE it Elizabeth! You are spot on ! Love the red throughout! Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Lovely!

Linda said...

This is fun to look at!

Rita said...

So very cheery! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your red random collage :)

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

I love this. It's bright and colorful and delicate.
Hugs

Tom said...

...Elizabeth, TODAY IS NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY. Being a random people come naturally to me. Make you day a masterpiece.

sirkkis said...

Happy randomly illustrated page.
I wish your day is as hapy as it 🌞😍

Gene Black said...

Fun page. Love all the red.

DVArtist said...

This is really a fun and energetic collage. Of course the color is stellar. Thank you for joining FFO.

Gillena Cox said...

Very very interesting.
Have a nice weekend.

Much❤love

Fundy Blue said...

This is lots of fun, Elizabeth, and definitely cheerful! It's been a long time since we could mail a letter for five cents. Every time I look at this I see something different, like the watermelon or the hands holding the heart or the tiny sandals. Have a great week!

Neet said...

Love your random page. It must have taken ages finding all those red things and then using them. Well done you. I thoroughly enjoyed your break down of the whole page and the explanations - thanks for that, I learned so much.
Hugs, Neet xxx