Friday, February 17, 2023

Friday Smiles 500: A peek at my boring life

 

It's Friday, which means it's once again time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.  If you are looking for Friday Face Off, it is here.  

EVERY image today is from the internet.

 https://dynl.mktgcdn.com/p/pLXhMkveoKX0Oa2in3Vh8ZeeK3rOMnPpfYV1HrLh4Cw/3144x3623.jpg  First, I got my hair cut,

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/cn8finI_6Ohlgt3gP15p-A/o.jpg  Then I bought groceries at Aldi.  Quite a boring and uninteresting week, I fear.

That means the only thing left is to share a few funnies.  I like Scott Metzger and his cat cartoon humor.  I hope you find a few of these fun and possibly insightful, whether a cat owns you or not!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7d/51/e3/7d51e348bf245b6525cb9ef0c7e1a36b.jpg 

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi3QupJKO1oqWAMCc-quvA4Y1PpnAx4sQt1xFEFp7R8KO4h6LqPJpEB7sSkqQ4_5wyf4_B3EZ139K4IZzaNViuPC5PN8I-uifNLhuTnYyO1Z9IxfxooRLL1oTI8BVkiYmyOviio/s1600/scottmetzgercartoons2.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8c/67/ec/8c67ec8f79ba3ff5309415bdb0a4fd3d--cartoons-cats.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/92/92/7492925d58b68e60847e5ff41840b58e.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/33/2e/76/332e766d730fbc7576837cec7577776e--cartoons.jpg 

https://static.catsoncatnip.co/images/jlGUWdMTbXui_4565_700.jpg 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/c1/08/fcc108cce95cdc48b55b32f9cd64d535.jpg

https://static.demilked.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/5b1156c1827e3-funny-cat-comics-scott-metzger-cartoons-57-5b0fc566413e7__700.jpg 

 


 


http://static.demilked.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/5b1156bf8ad9f-funny-cat-comics-scott-metzger-cartoons-56-5b0fc4d7867f3__700.jpg 



 

   This is me!

 


 

 

 


Sorry if I'm leaving everyone singing Christmas songs, but it's time to PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.  


14 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Do the shopping carts cost money at ALDI? An Australian friend complained big about that, also that you walk in to the right and that you need to bring or buy bags - and have to pack your goods yourself. Funniest e-mails ever.

Honestly... I love that wedding-pic! People should be like that, too!
Do cats really throw up often?
Poor doggy!
And poor Santa!!!
And why do cats throw things on the floor, do they really do that?
I´m re-thinking if I want a cat or if Ingo is right ;-)
At Burning Cat, LOL!
And I want an Ed. (Really, I "produced" so many papers on the run, I´ll need an hour to go through at least, if I remember what it was all about!)

Thank you for the... GRINS :-)

Annie said...

Oh Elizabeth your funnies really had me chuckling...and I don't have a cat [Milly just wouldn't allow it :-)].
Hugs,
Annie xxx

mamapez5 said...

Hi Elizabeth. I guess hair cuts and food shopping are a part of everyone's life, and I rather enjoy the 'quiet' weeks that come between the more busy or exciting ones. I don't have an Aldi anywhere around here, but I do have Lidls which is very similar.
Your cat funnies made me smile. I could relate to several of them with my cats. It's a good thing we don't really know what they are thinking. Kate x

Lisca said...

Yes, my weeks are like that too. That's normal. I'm going for a haircut next week and I do my shopping at Lidls, which is similar to Aldi. We don't have Aldi anywhere near here, but the concept is the same. (They say the founders were brothers that consequently fell out)
I really liked your cat funnies. Like Iris, I really loved the first one and I too think that humans should do something similar.
I'm still thinking of having a cat, but every time I look at cat funnies, I have to really think about it. It's the kitten stage I dread. I would have to take down my curtains I guess and cover all my furniture. Is it really worth it? (You will say yes of course)
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

When we were locked down by covid, I switched to cutting my own hair, and now I can’t go back. Maybe I’m not as skilled, but I just keep snipping at it. As I understand it, Trader Joe’s, Aldi, and Lidl are all owned by the Albrecht family, but there are two rival parts-of this grocery store empire. I’m not sure which ones are closely linked. I shop at Trader Joe’s but there are a couple branches of Aldi near me as well.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I don't have an Aldi's anywhere close to me. I would like to get a hair trim. I'm growing my hair long. Lots of good funnies today. Have a nice day.

Rita said...

Love the cat funnies! Although I've never had a cat hat liked pushing things off tables or countertops and I've had a lot of cats. Seems to be in standard cat jokes, though. :)

Christine said...

Thanks for the smiles!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, not been back long as I've went to the hairdressers when we got back from the meeting. No decisions have been made yet and we have another meeting next week. The Schnauzer is a Giant and you don't see many of them but they are lovely. You have a massive collection of funnies today and lot's of them could easily be written by cats. Hope your weekend is a happy one. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Rostrose said...

Ha ha great! I don't know if I understood EVERYTHING - but I did understand SOME - and I had a lot of fun :-DDDDD
ALL THE BEST from Austria!
Traude
❤️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-6-kapitel-tortuguero.html

CJ Kennedy said...

I get my hair cut at Great Clips, too. Scott Metzger's cat cartoons are always good for a laugh. Have a good weekend

Jeanie said...

My cousin used to own three Great Clips in Cleveland before he retired.

I love every single one of these funnies. That guy has the cat personality nailed!

My name is Erika. said...

These are fun. And clever. I'm glad you shared these because many of them made me smile. And I wouldn't say your week was boring either. There's plenty of weeks I don't do much other than going to the grocery store, doing laundry, and puttering around the house. I hope you have a good weekend. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm even more boring than you lol I cut my own hair, and I tried Aldi but couldn't find what I wanted for the weekly groceries. I'm playing catch-up as you can see... My blog visits somehow fell to the wayside.