Monday, January 9, 2023

T Stands For Year in Review

 

It's time for my annual T Tuesday review. 

January

Most of January was spent thanking people for the cards and gifts they sent.  This was my only option, which is one of my favorite Mexican meals.  Two chili rellenos were accompanied by beans smothered in cheese, rice, and a salad. Tortillas were in the container and Sally and I both had water.

February

Bleubeard and I hosted Art Journal Journey in February.  This T Tuesday post was a play on words. We named it Tea Leaves.  

March

I showed my completed coffee book, which had 12 decorated pages (six front and back) made with playing cards overlaid with tea bags.  These are the front and back covers.  I was quite please with how this turned out.

April

I spend April recycling.  This particular T Tuesday, I also joined Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host in April at Art Journal Journey. Nearly everything was recycled.  Only the gold paint and the computer generated sentiment were new.

May


May was when we finalized our napkin swap for Year Nine's T Tuesday.  This year, I plan to start sooner.  Much sooner!

June


In June, I spent most of the month talking about the napkin exchange.  However, I also spent time with my friend Joseph who was drinking coffee from a mug with his old band from Kansas (Afinke Machine) on it.

July

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiyWJ0Li77znUCS2rItb9P6iaDoV8oz1LsaRlRzuGPIZqgXomJzkCu-xSxcVSccib9CiFcYgBzxGY8HzLe4rBb1IWD1PFSNiO4Unnfjl416n6LyyWrVXcJqreELbTymmqFc4kpF16AhTqdhhM4Ddcq7NY8QtT_XqBP_uUI3Sjpc-z0efk30dLA/s2272/8.jpg In July, I combined Rain's TADD (Thursday Art and Dinner Date) with T Stands For Tuesday.  I remembered this salad from my childhood.  It consisted of romaine lettuce, pears, cottage cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and three maraschino cherries.  I also showed my new PBS mug.

August

This is when I first went to The Spice Merchant for my free pound of coffee.

September

In September, I went to the Autumn and Art Fair.  I even got this free bottle of water when I was there.

October

I made this for a party I attended in October.  I had the good sense to change the plate to one that was more autumn before I took it to the party.

November

  Bleubeard and I hosted Art Journal Journey in November.  Over four T Tuesdays, I created my coffee book from collage fodder.

December

Much of December was spent sharing images and stories about and by Ian McNeice, of Doc Martin fame (among others, of course).  Here, he and my guest at the event, Sally (my foodie friend) share a moment and a photo together.

I hope you enjoyed this retrospective of T Stands For Tuesday posts over 2022.  Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year, as this post proves.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.

 

 

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

I did enjoy the look back through your 2022. I really enjoy doing that on mine too-one last look at all the previous year's posts. and then make my first post for the new year.
Happy T and thank you for being our hostess

Sharon Madson said...

Great review of your year, Elizabeth. I like all the choices you made show for review for each month. I hope you have a great day and great week. Looks like weather wise , it is going to be fairly nice. I wish I could figure out how I can both craft and be walking outside! LOL

Cloudia said...

You do SO much beautifully!

Mae Travels said...

Your collection of highlights of the year is really lovely. The Mexican meal looks especially delicious — AGAIN! I hope 2023 will be just as enjoyable.

best..mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Good review

DVArtist said...

I loved seeing your year through photos. I do remember most of them. This year will be as fun and interesting than last. Maybe even more so. Have a wonderful evening.

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing this year in review. I remember all of these, and it's fun to see them again. And your January Mexican food photo is making me hungry since I haven't had supper yet. I haven't had Mexican food for quite a while.And I am also still so impressed with your baking for October. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

Elephant's Child said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this review. Thank you.

jinxxxygirl said...

What a great review Elizabeth!! I really enjoyed that.. I don't think i saw your finished teacup book... good to catch up on that! Here's to another Great year with the T party! Hugs! deb

Carola Bartz said...

I love reviews and I so enjoyed yours, Elizabeth. Thank you for taking us back through the year and also a BIG thank you for hosting this lovely blog event every week. Happy T day to you!

Amila said...

I enjoyed reading this post looking back at 2022. It is a great journey with art journals and other creative stuff. I specially attracted to the Tea leaves. Hope to see more fabulous posts and creative work in 2023 too!
Have a blessed week!

Rita said...

A creative year and a fun year. :)

Iris Flavia said...

I must admit, I´m a tad breathless.
Did this last year speed by!
It all certainly looked familiar, but weee.... like being on a very fast carousel.
All through art and yummy food.
I could not pick one pic only for each month, you did a great review, dear host!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun look back through the year. My favorites are the coffee book. Love the covers and the pink napkins with the black cats. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

Ian McNeice!!!! :)

Happy T Tuesday

Darla said...

This post was so much fun to look through. Not only are you busy being creative but you are busy helping others to do the same through your exchanges and challenge groups. I admire you so much ELixabeth and feel grateful to call you a friend.

Let's Art Journal said...

It was such fun to look back on the year with you and what a fabulous time you had 😊. Thanks so much for all you do with your hosting and running of your blog challenges - you're a star! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Lisca said...

It's good to look back over the year. And I enjoyed looking at your review of 2022.
Here's to the new year!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

I loved looking back through your year Elizabeth. Your Swiss roll is sooo impressive! I have napkins at the ready! Hugs, Chrisx

Empire of the Cat said...

That was a fun look back at the highlights, there's a couple I don't remember but I must have seen them as I was there every week. I'm a bit tired at the moment though. I liked the March one with all the teacups, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Sandra Cox said...

Great year in review! I especially loved March.
Wishing you the happiest of new year's, dear friend.

Kate Yetter said...

Loved seeing your year in review! So many great memories for you. I especially like that pumpkin roll. Now I want a slice!
I am a little late this week.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Jeanie said...

Your T in Review is delightful -- such fun art and remembering some lovely times and friends.