Monday, January 9, 2023

December is complete and January has been wrtten in for awhile

 

Before I present my calendar pages today, I want to share something from last Friday night when the U.S. House of Representatives elected their new Speaker.  Introducing him was the Minority leader-elect, Representative Hakeem Jeffries.  Although I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, I was very impressed as he concluded his nearly 15 minute introduction where he spelled out the values of Democrats, in alphabetical order.  Here it is, if you haven't seen or heard it before. 

We will never compromise our principles. House Democrats will always put American values over autocracy. Benevolence over bigotry. The Constitution over the cult. Democracy over demagogues. Economic opportunity over extremism. Freedom over fascism, Governing over gaslighting. Hopefulness over hatred. Inclusion over isolation, Justice over judicial overreach. Knowledge over kangaroo courts, Liberty over limitation. Maturity over Mar-a-Lago. Normalcy over negativity. Opportunity over obstruction, People over politics. Quality of life issues over QAnon. Reason over racism. Substance over slander. Triumph over tyranny. Understanding over ugliness. Voting rights over voter suppression. Working families over the well connected. Xenia* over xenophobia. Yes, we can over you can’t do it, and zealous representation over zero sum confrontation (*xenia means hospitality).

Now, as promised, is my completed December, 2022 calendar.

It was time to say goodbye to 2022 with my December calendar.  I got a little carried away with the snowflakes on December's calendar.  That's why I thought I would only use a black pen to fill in the days.
 
Here is my January, 2023 entry.  I didn't have a "real" photo, so I used four stickers that looked like photos.  Sort of cheating, but it's all I have for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey.  I can't believe it has taken me this long to get this online.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Although my calendar pages pale in comparison to my more gifted blogger art friends, this is the only place you will find my calendar pages, since I'm not on any other social media sites.

If you are here from Art Journal Journey, I apologize if I haven't visited you yet this month.  I was without heat and electricity for nearly five days and am finally trying to catch up to everyone.
 
 
 
 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Representative Hakeem Jeffries's words are impressive. I hope that he and the Democrats can live up to them.
I am impressed at your calendar too.

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope the Republicans can aspire to Mr. Jeffries' words. A full and busy calendar page for December and look at all the possibilities' for January

craftytrog said...

That's an impressive speech Elizabeth! Our politicians seem to spout good words occasionally, but rarely follow through.
Good to see your calendars, and I hope your power is back to stay now.
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think that's cheating at all. They look like photos to me. and it's not different using a sticker than cutting a photo out of a magazine. I like how you keep track of your art days/among other things. Nice. Hope this new week is going better than last week did. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

His speech was amazing! Thanks for posting that interesting portion!

Cloudia said...

You turn life and events into art! Thanks for the inspiration

Lowcarb team member said...

Well, that was certainly a full and busy calendar page for December!

Enjoy your January days.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Hakeem Jeffries made a really good speech! Happy T Day, hug, Valerie

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! I hope both parties can live up to his words! And I absolutely LOVE your December 2022 calendar. What a great way to look back on each month. Also, the stickers you used on your January, 2023, calendar look amazing - just like photos! I still cannot believe that it's 2023 already . . .

Divers and Sundry said...

Jeffries truly was inspiring. The Republican-controlled House will spend its time on messaging bills and get nothing done except for the investigations like ones they've wasted so much time and money on in the past. If the China committee doesn't get laser-focused on Covid it might accomplish something. We'll see.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your calendar pages look great Elizabeth. The stickers really do look like photos. Hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Impressive how full your calendar is and designed and the new!
Hug Elke

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Beautiful crafts!

I believe it was Mr. Jeffries who spoke at my son's law school graduation from NYU. He did seem like a man with principles. I wish I could say that for all politicians, on both sides of the aisle.

NatureFootstep said...

looks quite fun to creat this kind of calender :)

Neet said...

Oh Elizabeth, how difficult that must have been for you to have no heat or electricity for so long. I hope that Bleubeard and Squiggles kept you snug and warm by cuddling up to you whenever they could.
I think your calendar for January is fine. Love the teacups and at the end of the day I am sure that a sticker is a photo. Love December what a busy month it was.
Hugs, Neet xx

Gillena Cox said...

Creative calendar. Best Wishes for 2023

Much❤love