Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Christmas photo

 

Happy New Year to all!!! 

Thanks again to Jo for hosting the final month of 2022.  We were SO lucky to have her and her incredible art as our host in December.

Today we welcome a new host at Art Journal Journey as we do on the first of every month.  This month we have the talented and generous Mia, who many know as Craftartista.  Her theme is Use a photo.

 Dear Sadie and Albert is how this letter begins.

We had a professional photographer take pictures of Molly and Albie. We had them turned into holiday cards. Everyone here is doing it.

We hope all is well with you. We are all find and in good health. Molly made honor roll again this year.

Merry Christmas,
The Trumbles

I started this spread using a Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol on 110 lb cardstock.  I computer generated the words (font is Typo Upright BT) and printed them over the colored cardstock.  I then added the photo I found in my stash.  My date stamp was only good through December, 2022, so I didn't use it.

Mia, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Use a photo.

We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We do not allow Facebook or Instagram entries.  We also do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, you must either provide a translation tool or translate it for us.  Hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey


16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What a fun theme. I am looking forward to seeing more.
Happy New Year to all the residents of your home. I hope it is happy, healthy and creative.

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy New Year to you three! Love your page, nice idea. Have a lovley day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, sweet page!
Oh, I don´t know if I can join you as (stupid but true excuse) I don´t have Photoshop no more.
Other programs just drive me nuts and I have ALL pics digitalized!

Did you have had such a pro-pic taken?
Here it was (or is?) not common, but I saw that in Perth a lot. In the sense of a "Santa" is sitting there and parents can take a pic of their kids with him.

We visited the Christmas Market. No Santa (never).

But! Happy Holidays! I still have a week off, yipeee!
And to a great 2023, dear Elizabeth! (And Bleubeard and Squiggles, of course!)

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant page Elizabeth. I love it, great inspiration! Wishing you a Happy New Year full of hope, peace and lots of joyful moments along with a year of zero computer issues(lol) Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun idea for a first page for January. I like that photo and the letter too. It's a very very clever way to start the new year.And I'm happy Molly made honor roll again. That means she's a good student which is always important. Happy January 1 to you, Bleueard and Squiggles too. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

I like the new theme, enjoyed this page.

Mae Travels said...

That’s a funny retro Christmas letter — but they keep on coming, year after year! I think the youngest amongst us have no idea about professional photographers, though as they all have iPhones.

Have a great New Year in 2023!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll enjoy seeing the entries using this theme. Y'all always come up with themes that I enjoy seeing, even as a non-participant.

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy New Year!

Debra said...

Happy new year my friend! I always love seeing your art. I hope you and the kitties have a happy and healthy year ahead!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun page, Elizabeth. The blue is super pretty and love your picture.

Happy New Year and many hugz

Jeanie said...

Here's to a new year of art, blogging, gardens, good British drama and so much more! Happy New Year!

*Vicki* said...

Such a brilliant page with the photo and letter! I love the wonderful theme this month and look forward to something fun to participate in this year!

craftytrog said...

I love your page Elizabeth, that's a sweet image and a lovely letter from The Trumbles.
Wishing you a very happy new year.
Alison

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Happy New Year!!!
A beautiful letter journal page! Hug Elke

Angela said...

Beautiful!