Saturday, December 31, 2022

Homage to snowflakes and a few words about Volodymyr Zelenskyy

 

 I am so glad that Zelenskyy has made it back home safely.

 https://static1.straitstimes.com.sg/s3fs-public/styles/large30x20/public/articles/2022/12/22/2022-12-21T195412Z2028847228RC2EAY99A1NXRTRMADP3UKRAINE-CRISIS-USA-ZELENSKIY_3.JPG?VersionId=EuCYMrZdHV5ouR1qtUxgEVe56_SM8_YM&itok=x1l_Hbtg  Do you remember this image I showed last week?  How happy and relaxed both men looked!  Look at their body language.  They are leaning into each other and both look like they are enjoying their time together.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/02e6d85156772a8653fea35de43b7d85ca2e7c0e/0_132_4242_2545/master/4242.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none  Now contrast that with this meeting between Trump and Zelenskyy in 2019.  Neither could look any more uncomfortable. (Photograph: Evan Vucci/AP)

You would think they would have had so very much in common, since Zelenskyy was originally a Ukrainian TV comedian and Trump was originally an American reality show host.  Both found themselves elected presidents of their respective countries.  However, Trump, originally in a phone call to Zelenskyy, ordered U.S. military aid to Ukraine was to be suspended until Zelenskyy investigated Joe Biden. 

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/3803fe96e2675cd1f1f4f62085385edd5a593325/0_80_3500_2100/master/3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none  It's easy to see how different the meetings were by Zelenskyy's look on his face.  It's obvious how their meeting was going, even though Zelenskyy joked that it was better than a phone call. (Photograph: Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)

Now for art, as promised.

This is Bleubeard's and my final entry for Jo's Snowy Winter theme at Art Journal Journey

We call it Homage to snowflakes.

Can you see the snowflakes in the background?

The deer can see the snowflakes as they fall to the ground.

 
I cut this card I found in my stash down to size.  I sewed it to a white cardstock background using variegated thread.  I computer generated the words and sewed them to the top of the card.

Bleubeard and I have really enjoyed Jo's theme and we are grateful to her for not just hosting, but also creating some incredible journal pages for us to ohh and ahh over.  Thank you for your wonderful art and hosting skills, Jo.  BTW, each of you still have a few hours to share your own interpretation of Snowy Winter at Art Journal Journey


11 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Your journal page is gorgeous. Again.
And I am also very glad that Volodymyr Zelenskyy had a much more successful/comfortable visit to your country.

Iris Flavia said...

The German word for pic #2 is "krass"!
Cry Baby Trump also did this with ex-chancellor Merkel. Let´s hope he never becomes president again. He looks like a nasty 3-year-old.
And Zelenskyy just gave up! Now who is the grown up? Reckon Zelenskyy was sad about the wasted time.
Love your Homage (yet am glad it´s not snowing here (yet).

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, I hadn't seen those photographs before and it's obvious which meeting went well there. I am loving the Homeage to snowflakes it is wonderful, fantastic layering. Thank you for your kind thoughts too. I know you will enjoy the finale of Doc Martin and the making of the series was brilliant. Take care, stay warm and wishing you a very Happy New Year. Biggest hugs to you and the kitties, Angela xXx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is one of my favourites (sshh, don't tell anyone ...lol ☺️). The blue background with the white deer, snow and trees looks so stunning with all the snowfall - perfect! Thanks so much for having me to host at AJJ this month and for all your wonderful artwork, lovely comments and support - you're a star! Happy New Year, may it be a healthy, peaceful and prosperous one! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This is one of your best pages also Elizabeth. I like the blue and the white. That color with white works so well. And your little piece with Zelenskyy is very appropriate. I won't go into details, but all I can say is just because Hunter Biden has issues with his business dealings in Ukraine, that doesn't mean Joe Biden does. Anyhow, happy end of 2022 and happy 2023 to you my dear friend. I hope you have a wonderful near year! hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I agree! With both you opinion about the difference in the visits and that this is one of your best pages ever. Happy 2023! :)

Christine said...

Zelensky is a hero. Lovely page

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos and a great page, so pretty. The sky here looks just like that! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Homage to Snowflakes is absolutely beautiful. I love the composition, the color, the simplicity of it all. Fabulous.

And I couldn't agree more about Zelynsky. I was glad to hear he arrived home safely, too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a pretty page. Classic white and blue. No such view on my horizon and I'm not sad about it. Have a Creative New Year

Divers and Sundry said...

Such a pretty snowy scene.

And trump is a despicable man, who has always been exactly what he is now. I just hope we don't go through it again :(