Friday, December 30, 2022

Friday Smiles 493: Last of the Autumn Art Fair photos

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday. 

I want to apologize to Kate and Angela for not visiting last week.  Before I could visit, I lost my internet (and phone, too) from the storm that raged through my area beginning last Friday.  I do apologize because when I got back online, I saw the lovely comments you had left for me.  I didn't get back online until mid Monday afternoon.  I was even late preparing my post for T Stands For Tuesday.

 I thought I would begin with my tip-ins I made this year.  I believe everyone has received theirs now.  Everything was sewn.  That's why I was freaking out when my sewing machine took on a mind of its own.  Although I had intended to make more tip-ins and handmade Christmas cards, I only created eight tip-ins.   

If you got a tip-in, it's because I have sent you one every year for as long as I have "known" you.  Several have received all 20!
 
Everyone else got purchased Christmas cards with postcards as gifts.  I tried to chose vintage postcards I thought the person would like.  It was NOT willy nilly!
 
Now let's return to the final booths I visited at the Autumn Art Fair.  

Yes, it is juried.
 
I was blown away by these assemblages.

If it hadn't been so hot and in full sun, I would have stayed longer.  

Instead, I allowed my camera to keep the memories alive.
 
Another jewelry booth.  Not sure why I took so many photos of jewelry, since I am unable to wear it.  Perhaps the flowers were what drew me in.

When I first looked, I thought these were African designs.  Upon closer inspection, I believe they (the designs) are from the Southwest U.S..

I was impressed by these whirlygigs (a word Sandra Cox might use in her Writerly Wednesday synonym questions).  Some were stationary,

while others twirled in the breeze.  Except there was no breeze.  Just hot sun and heat.
I know!  More jewelry.

But the real reason I stopped 

was because of the sunflower and the Keeper of the Plains (in the very back).

I know I showed this guy before with his bird,

but he was part of this incredible rusty display.




Be still my heart!

I think I have showed this before, but it definitely deserves showing again:
Buy art from a living artist.  The dead ones don't need the money.
Then it was time to get out of the heat and into a cool shower.

Now for a few funnies.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BqtZvJjvewg/Vwn86pHif9I/AAAAAAAACd4/hUxKyLVz-Ro8oLhK4FCw3LQmr5budwF0w/s1600/Cat-selfie-humor-images-of-funny-cat-pictures.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEivg0is5rwQf83zOvGozt29_y0GEq-5asyiriX4QGk_RX90cFSzalpqLp6m61BrqSjqOv93ILPx7tpQVa5bZG1S-1Z7xOD-fvLvnOMb7-gzLfOUlZKG_W2ZcZSNaauImxVvKCtCuA/s1600/2fdcf76b-d3ee-488a-b213-4e8e701cdb7b.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/25/8e/33258eeb90a63ff896721359810f80ec.jpg 

 https://www.virascoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/26-hilarious-cat-cartoons-that-will-help-you-face-your-monday-22.jpg


 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3c/4e/5e/3c4e5e8c1ac53849e0adb9f08da273b1.jpg

 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5c/23/c3/5c23c3e2f77b169587926bc8d1a671ac--cat-jokes-cats-humor.jpg

 

That's  enough cat humor for this week.  I want to wish each and every person a very happy, safe, and joyous New Year.  I also hope you have good health and find peace in 2023.   Now PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.  

 

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Rita said...

Love the cat cartoons!
Happy New Year! :)

Elephant's Child said...

I am sure that each and every person lucky enough to receive your work will treasure it. Always.
That fair looks like somewhere I would love to visit - despite loathing hot weather.
And thank you for the cat funnies - which have me smiling broadly.

Lisca said...

Gorgeous tip-ins.
I enjoyed the craft fair. All those rust art pieces must have made you happy. I know you love rust.
The funnies made me giggle.
Wishing you and your boys a very happy new year in health and happiness,
Keep smiling,
Hugs
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

I patiently waited for your blog to load, and the cat funnies were my reward! I wish you a fun New Year's Eve and a great year in 2023.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

mamapez5 said...

Although I love our Kim, I am very much a cat person, and your cat funnies really made me smile.
I love the 'whirlygigs' in your photo. I have a simple one in my porch and an even more simple one that I crocheted!
The little 'huts' look interesting too.
Don't worry about the missed messaging. I saw the storms in USA on the TV. I am just glad you are safely through it.
Wishing everything you might want for 2023. Kate x

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

All of these were beautiful, but I especially liked your tip-ins. They are great. And the assemblages and "whirly-gigs." (You can telll I like 3-D art.)

On another note, I have tried commenting on a couple of your posts and had a really hard time geting onto your re-direct url. So glad I finally did, as I enjoy your posts so much.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am probably the only person who doesn't know what a tip in is!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Elizabeth! That sounds so frustrating how often you lose internet and/or power!
I love your idea with the music-pages and all the creative stalls at the fair.
Yikes, I went to the Christmas Market yesterday and .... darn digital cameras! Too many pics!
I´m with Clarence´s friend these days.

To a great 2023!

My name is Erika. said...

I should have shared my postcards on T day. Whoops. I put them with my other cards so they wouldn't get lost, but I forgot to photograph them. Thanks. I need to go to a good art fair I think. I really like the wooden houses you showed. I think I could even make one of them...so thank you for that inspiration. I want some new art ideas for the new year, and you gave me one! Have a wonderful FRiday, and I am guessing I will stop by tomorrow, but let me wish you a happy early new year while I'm thinking of it. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

What a lot of fabulous crafts and creations you're sharing today. I love the funnies too.
Wishing you a happy healthy New Year my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, you don't have to apologise. I was quite worried about you as I know the weather has been awful. The craft fair looks amazing and I bet you had a great time. The cat funnies are brilliant, who ever wrote them knows cats for sure. Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Sending hugs, Angela x|Xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Just popped back as I forgot to say, as I'm writing this we are watching the making of Doc Martin. We saw the last episode this week and I would love to watch it all again from the start, it's brilliant and I know you like it where you are. Hope you get to see it soon. Hugs, Angela xXx

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely fair! I'm ready for some. Meantime, we await rain!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love these kinds of art shows/fairs but have never bought anything.

Christine said...

Lovely pieces and the fair looks fun. Thanks for the funnies!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loving the tip in, as I love mine Thank you! The Art fair has so many lovely things to buy! The cat funnies had me giggling. Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

That looks like a good art fair. I think at the holidays it's always slow commenting and some catching up on blogging -- and that's before the computer dies! I was offline almost a week with family stuff. Everyone gets it.

A very happy new year to you!