Thursday, December 29, 2022

Snow on the plains

 

Bleubeard and I are back with another journal entry.  We are joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter.  This will be our penultimate entry.

This owl has a lovely face, so we're also joining Nicole's Friday Face Off.
 
There are lots of snowflakes on this spread.
 
The owl is alert and blends in nicely with the nearly monochromatic background.

Bleubeard and I named this spread Snow on the plains.

I started this spread by coloring a sheet of white 110 lb cardstock with a Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I cut the focal image from a card I had in my stash, as well as a sheet of snowflakes on white cardstock.  I had a gifted die cut I thought looked a bit like the grasses in the focal image.  I felt this was the added ephemera I needed to balance the computer generated sentiment.
 
Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me as we link to Nicole's Friday Face Off and Jo's Snowy Winter theme at Art Journal Journey.


 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous. This speaks very loudly to my bird obsessed, cool (cold) weather loving self.

Iris Flavia said...

One day I hope to "meet" a real owl. I saw so many cute pics of them! Read so much, apart from the dead mice (we all need to eat, right) they are cute - as your page!
We have Spring-temps right now, btw...

Helen said...

That's a really lovely picture of the owl, it makes a great page.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great page for owl lovers like me. The snowy owl is always a fun find (when they come south for the winter as some do). I've been looking to see if any have been spotted down at the coast, but none yet, but they have been spotted at AJJ which is exciting. (smile) This is a great page for Jo's challenge at AJJ. I like how you backed it also. Happy Thursday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely colors. I'm so glad there is no snow at my house. Stay warm

Christine said...

Lovely page

Rita said...

Oh yes! What a lovely owl! You did it justice. :)

Cindy McMath said...

Hi Elizabeth! Beautiful owl that looks lovely on your background. Thanks so much for the tip-in and postcards. I picked up the mail yesterday for the first time in about a week so I’m not sure what day it arrived - if it didn’t make it for Christmas, it would have been shortly after. Happy New Year my friend!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Lovely owl, and so apropos to the theme!

Jeanie said...

Your Snow on the Plains piece is exquisite, Elizabeth. I love the background you chose -- so perfect for the owl. Really, quite perfect.

Thanks for your visits. I've barely been on computer for over a week and now I'm finding most of your posts don't open. Is there a way you can fix that in your settings or am I the only person who has the problem of if it's a day old, it's gone? Even when I put in your direct URL all I get is your header. So, if I miss things, it's not for want of trying!

Lowcarb team member said...

The owl is so beautiful, it certainly is a lovely page.

Happy Thursday Wishes.

All the best Jan

ashok said...

Nice page ...happy new year

kwarkito said...

it's a beautiful and peaceful collage

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful snowy owl.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Link to my 12 Days of Christmas HERE

There is an annual festival happening at my blog now. I invite you to link up. You do not have to place a link back link on your blog; just link up.

I will after the festival catch up with prompts and add my links

MUCH🎄LOVE

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We have been out searching for Snowy Owls in all the places we usually find them but so far this year not a one. Perhaps they didn't come south in their usual numbers, but they are in steep decline too so the reasons may be more ominous.

Gene Black said...

I love the layout with the Snowy Owl. The background blue maintains the "coldness" of the snow.

Tom said...

...the owl is beautiful and something that I've never seen in the wild. Elizabeth, take care and stay well in the new year.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the snow, but cold weather here leads to infrastructure meltdown for some reason :(

DVArtist said...

Can't get prettier than a snow owl's face. Thank you for reminding me about Barbara. I did add her name to the list. Thank you for joining in with FFO. I so appreciate you showing your beautiful art. Happy New Year.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I adore all owls so this is a real treat as well as being a most wonderful page for Jo's AJJ theme! Love, love, love it!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! The owl image is gorgeous and you added so many snowflakes and so much snow - love it 😊. It really captures the imagination, how lovely it would be to see him flying across the snowy plains. Thanks so much for joining me at AJJ with this perfect snowy winter page! Take care! Hugs Jo x

Fundy Blue said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth! Snowy owls are gorgeous birds, especially in the snow. Happy New Year to you.