Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The last of my Art Journal Advent, 2022

 

These are my final pages for Michelle's of RaspberryBlueSky and Tamara's of MaraKreativStudio Art Journal Advent, 2022.

I had started this when I shared Days 7 through 21.  The prompt was Freedom.  I had already created the background and the butterflies I stamped using my favorite butterfly stamp.  I was gifted with the die cut cage and the two die cut birds.  The birds were lost on the page, so I outlined them using a Sharpie fine line pen.  I computer generated the words I printed with my laser printer.

 Day 23's prompt was "All that I am."  I tried to think of all the things that someone might say to describe me.  At least, I HOPE people would say them.  Believe it or not, I am very shy until I get to know someone.  Then I will talk your head off!  BTW, I've been told I am "brutally honest" to a fault.

Day 24 is my word of the year.  My foodie friend Sally gave me the yearly Daytime calendar.  At the same time, she gave me a Planner.  She thought I should use both.  Instead  of documenting what happened that day, she thought I should be planning ahead.  After the mess I got myself into this year at Christmas (I never made a single Christmas card), I tend to agree that I need a plan and I need to plan.  I will NOT be sharing my planner on my blog, but I will be using it to plan future events.

Finally, this is the back cover of my Art Journal Advent for 2022.  Much of this is made from leftover backgrounds I used in the art journal.

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me as we completed our Art Journal Advent, 2022.  We appreciate your visit and encouragement when I was rather behind at times.

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Your journal blows me away each and every time we see more of it.
And yes, I need to plan too. Muddle along is what seems to be my rule.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful Elizabeth

My name is Erika. said...

Nice pages Elizabeth. I'm like you. Very shy until I get to know someone and then I am not very quiet. I'm not sure I am brutally honest, but I am pretty sarcastic at times. It just sneaks out-smile. It was fun to see these as a switch from AJJ. Hope you've warmed back up. and have power still. hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

Well done on completing AJA, I am still working on mine. All pages have been started but not near completing. Ooh I recognise the tissue paper for Day 24, glad you found a use for it, it's very pretty isn't it. I hope you enjoy your planner and that it works for you. Elle

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely pages. My favorite is the birds especially the bird cut out of sheet music. As to planning remember what Rabbie Burns said: The best laid plans gang aft aglee. 😉Stay warm

Iris Flavia said...

To freedom! And yes. Or no. I learned (a bit) to overcome my shyness! You can!
Post to come...

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm the same type of shyness Elizabeth... let me find a common thread between us and i'll talk your head off too..lol I'm not very good at making 'small talk'.. but get me on a subject i'm well versed in and watch out..lol Love your Art Journal you are always so free and eclectic with your pages.. I did finally make it to the T party.. albeit late.. Hugs! deb

Mae Travels said...

Nice images. I think planning is overrated. Obviously if you want to travel, it’s essential, but if you stay home why not just do what you feel like doing? I don’t even sign up for “challenges” that prescribe some activity or reading schedule.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Lovely art. Your blog loaded much faster today. Wishing you the very best for 2023.

Rita said...

Such nice pages. Animal lover here, too--LOL!
Happy New Year! :)

Christine said...

Lovely pages.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so creative!

ashok said...

Lovely works..wish you a creative new year too

Jeanie said...

So, if I open the post on the day it's fresh on my computer I can see it even if it's a day old. I don't get it!

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like those birds and the crocheted glove.

pearshapedcrafting said...

You have made some fabulous pages for your Advent calendar. The birds are my favourite. I have a planner as well as my calendar journal. There are weeks where nothing is in my planner except some drawings and sometimes every day has something written in....and that's fine! Hope it works for you! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Interesting takes on the prompts again Elizabeth. I used to be shy, less so now I think. It depends on the person.
Alison