Monday, January 2, 2023

Second on the 2nd: Italian Girl in London

 

Please be aware.  If your Second on the 2nd post is the same as your T Tuesday post, please add your link both places when T Stands For Tuesday goes live. 

I was looking for an "oldie" when I found this spread I created in an altered book.  It is from January 3, 2008 and I named it The Italian Girl in London.  I have copied it in its entirety below.  This is what my art looked like in January, 2008.

   The Italian Girl in London came about when I found these two disparate pictures in two different magazines. What luck!! The background to both pages is wallpaper samples I got at Lowe's (a big box home improvement store) a few years ago. One of the pieces wasn't long enough, so I added a bit of sheet music on the left. For the embellishment, I tied various fibers alternating with organza to a safety pin.

The wallpaper doesn't accept glue well, so I used a bit of "The Ultimate," a white glue that several of my AB friends recommend. I was unhappy with myself that I apparently used too much on the left title, because as I was pressing it to the wallpaper, it tore. Guess I'll have to learn how to use the stuff. 

__________________________________________________________________

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit. 

This link is for Second on the 2nd only.  If your second look and your T Tuesday post is the same, please add it both places.

 

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

This is very beautifully created! Fun idea with the second!
I found one (added) and guess what. After a while the cuppa landed back in the street for someone else to take!

Elephant's Child said...

I am always blown away and awed by your creativity.

Empire of the Cat said...

I really like this one, it's very different to what you do now, interesting, and I love that it's in a book. Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal page Elizabeth. Happy New Year!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that composition -such a nice flow...

Christine said...

Beautiful

Jeanie said...

That is absolutely stunning, Elizabeth. Fabulous composition and beautiful images.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, Elizabeth! I alwaysy get glue evrywhere except where I need it!

Debra said...

Wow. Your art is amazing. I love it.

Barwitzki said...

All the best wishes for you in the new year.
Your picture from 2008 reminds me of my hometown Dresden... very far away :-)))
... the bridge with the magnificent town houses, this wonderful staircase scene, like a performance in the Semperoper, the sheet music is terrific...
I have to see how I can join you (never made a link... I think it's great :-)))
hug to you.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely pages. The images work so well with the background. Happy 2nd on the 2nd

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful return to 2008! Sorry I missed again- out all day! Hugs, Chrisx