Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Winter Wonderland

 

Bleubeard and I are joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey today with her theme Snowy Winter.

This is a very snowy

Winter Wonderland.
 
This snowy scene shows a winter village and frozen stream.
 
I started by spritzing two of my handmade shimmering mists onto a sheet of white 110 lb cardstock.  Sadly, the shimmer isn't picked up by the new scanner.  Next, I sewed the focal image to the background.  After computer generating the words, I placed pieces of vellum over the words and sewed them in place using variegated thread.
 
Bleubeard and I want to thank everyone for taking time to visit today. Your visit means a lot to us.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Snowy Winter.
 
Bleubeard and I also want to wish our friend Valerie a very happy birthday today. 


12 thoughtful remarks:

Rita said...

A beautiful snowy scene! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving the snowy scene with the man pulling his Christmas trees ladened sled 😊. Thanks for the AJJ inspiration and I hope you're having a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

Don't you hate that about scanners and cameras for that matter? They sure don't like shine. Have you ever tried that trick of putting a used dryer sheet over an image to make it look like snow? I've never done it but i've seen it done and it looked lovely as does your lovely snowy scene! Thank you for the touch of Winter Elizabeth.. we are about to get more of that over the next 3 days... Thursday night is a bitter 10F with a stiff North wind.. I imagine you might be even colder since you are North of us.. Stay warm and safe my friend! Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

I like this winter view. It is very pretty. The man or woman pulling the sled looks like it's a lot of work.I like your background too. It doesn't look flat to me, even if I can't see the sparkle. I hope you're not too cold or snowy. This weather moving across the country is brutal. Welcome winter. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely

Divers and Sundry said...

I always like your backgrounds :) The sewn elements add so much, don't they!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely snowy wsinter for JO's challenge, but I'm happy the snow here has gone away. Thanks for the birthday greetings, I hope Bleubeard has fogiven me for calling him Bluegrass! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Definitely a winter wonderland - and totally different to my winter. Thank you.

Sandra Cox said...

You and Bleubeard definitely created a Winter Wonderland.
Hugs

Lori Anderson said...

That's so pretty! I'm hoping we'll have snow this Christmas, but it looks like it's just going to be freezing rain. Bleh.

Nancy Chan said...

I love the beautiful snowy scene. Must be freezing cold.

Empire of the Cat said...

The first thing I noticed in this page is that I can see a giant calico cat face on the side of the cabin the man is heading towards, do you see it too? It looks like it's ready to pounce lol.