Thursday, December 22, 2022

Through the eyes of a child

 

Today Bleubeard and I are joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter.  Since there are faces on the journal entry, we are also joining Nicole's Friday Face Off.

These children are building a snowman.

They see winter and this snow Through the eyes of a child, the title of this journal entry.

The focal image was a postcard I had in my stash.  I stamped a few snowflakes and sewed the focal image to the background using variegated thread.  I wrote the sentiment using a blue gel pen that I thought matched the background, which was created using a Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.

Bleubeard and I want to thank everyone for taking time to visit today. Your visit means a lot to us.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Snowy Winter and Nicole's Friday Face Off with a face, any face.
 
 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

This work was so true in the 1970´s! I do remember white Christmas! Thank you for the memories (it warmed up here, to my Niece´s disappointment).

Elephant's Child said...

I love this - though as a child I didn't see it. Never, ever (sigh).

Meggymay said...

A fabulous and happy snowy page. The children do look so happy.
Sending you my very best wished Elizabeth for Christmas and the New Year.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Merry Christmas, Elizabeth! :)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning what a sweet page I love it!
are you getting this very cold blast of winter too today? stay safe and warm

Mae Travels said...

“Snowy Winter” turns out to be a perfect theme for this week — it seems that most of the country will be overwhelmed with snow, and not the fun kind!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love this page!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a delightful image! Well done.

ashok said...

Lovely winter scene

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes! I can remember snows like that :)

jinxxxygirl said...

What a great page Elizabeth! i hope you are staying warm my friend!! We are bitter cold getting ready to get even more bitter.. Hugs! deb

peggy gatto said...

Very child like and charming! Merry to you!!

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fun piece. Kids always seem to like snow! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Those were the days when snow was fun. Take care and stay warm

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your snow journal is so cute!
hugs Elke

Gene Black said...

We are having a very cold couple of days. I am hoping there is no snow. I do want to be able to visit family on Christmas.

sirkkis said...

Elizabeth, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for 2023 year ✨️ 💖

Tom said...

...it wonderful to see Christmas through the eyes of children. Merry Christmas, Elizabeth.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I think building a snowman is the best part of winter and you really captured the joy of it all in your journal page. The snow we are experiencing now is dry and the wind just blows it away, so no snowman yet ... But, I await. There is still much of winter ahead and I am patient. So you and Bluebeard and I know you have another kitty who doesn't like fame ... all of you have a warm and cozy Christmas together.

Andrea @ From the Sol

My name is Erika. said...

Between the storm, loss of power (I'm still out) and celebrating the holidays, I am behind. This is a fun piece.And perfect for the holidays because Christmas has so much to do with children. Have a wonderful holiday. I hope you are warm and enjoy. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun Christmas page! This snowy scene is full of joy and laughter - love it 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration over at AJJ and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs Jo x

NatureFootstep said...

yyyes this is fun times.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is brilliant! Children always have more fun in the snow - do they even feel the cold? Hugs, Chrisx