Monday, December 19, 2022

T Stands For Tea with Ian McNeice (Part 1)

 

Today we will be out and about for awhile, then we will return to my home to open cards I have received.

JOIN US FOR A SPECIAL HOLIDAY TEA
with Ian McNeice from Doc Martin.
Saturday, December 17, 2 - 4 p.m.
PBS KANSAS Studio A, 8710 E. 32nd Street N. • Wichita
$150 Per Person (Includes BritClub Membership
and PBS Passport) 
$75 Per Person (Existing BritClub Members)
Call 316-838-3090 For Tickets!
Purchase tickets by 4 p.m., Thursday, December 15.
 
Then I learned I had received two complimentary tickets since I am considered a major donor.
 
Are you familiar with Ian McNeice?   If you are British, you are probably familiar with the TV show Doc Martin.  Whether you watch it or not is a different story.  It is shown in the UK on ITV.
 
If you live in the states and practically live on one or more PBS channels like I do, then you have at least heard of Doc Martin.  If you have Acorn TV, you have access to Doc Martin.  
 

One of the reasons I went




































 






was to see Bleubeard's and my name on the Wall of Giving.

Nope.  I still don't see it!  Actually, it's just to the right of the lower metal screw.

Finally.  It took awhile to point my camera in the right spot.  The sun shining through the windows in the background made it nearly impossible to see any names.

I lightened it a bit in Photoshop.

Now it was time to meet Ian McNeice.  He has family in the Wichita area, so he agreed to stop by the station and help promote PBS Kansas.  He shared lots of stories about the show Doc Martin and a great deal about his on-screen son, Joe Absolom.

A few random shots while people are arriving.



Even though we got there early, Sally insisted we sit at the back table.  She and Ian McNeice are shown together, and coincidentally, Bob and Sue Boewe, owners of The Spice Merchant, are caught on camera, too.

He signed everyone's plastic cups.  This photo was taken at the event, before I spilled tea from another cup onto it as I was getting into the car to go home.  BTW, I had English Breakfast Tea because it is highly caffeinated.

Now let's fast forward to today (Monday afternoon).
 
Although this is metered mail and I will open it off camera, I wanted to show I get a card from PBS Kansas every year.  I used the smudge tool on Cindy's address.  One of the few brushes I am comfortable using.
 
This beautiful postage stamp was perfect for the theme that dear Kathy in Ozarks 

went with.  At least it worked for my Christmas card.  Look at that deer and snowflake wax seal.  I love the design and the marks on the deer.

Are you seeing a theme here?  Yes, I certainly did.

The lovely interior

and back of the card.  Bleubeard and I both love the little kitty lapping milk.  I love how you colored the frames, too.  Thank you so very, very much, Kathy.  Your gorgeous card makes me feel so inadequate this year.

 This is a Gulf Islands National Seashore postage stamp.  It came from Wichita, KS.

The word Peace was stamped on the front.

The card is perfect.  My friend Sharon (Foxy Stamping) sent this.  She knows how much I love cardinals.  Stamped and perfectly colored, too.

I had to laugh at the note inside.  Yes, Sharon, it arrived before 2023!  It even arrived before Christmas.

This is from the back of the card.  Thank you very much, Sharon.  I am grateful for our friendship, too.

Last, but definitely not least is this beautiful bird (blue jay, perhaps?) that flew down all the way from Canada.

Inside is this beautiful dove of peace that is collaged on a map.  I am in such awe of this beauty.  Amazing collage and simply gorgeous art.  The outer part matches the envelope beautifully.  I almost forgot to mention it is from my friend Cindy from Canada.  Cindy's art shouldn't be missed.

And of course, a sweet message from Cindy.  I love it so much and thank you Cindy, my friend.



Finally, after over six hours of fighting with my blog, this is the final photo.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.






I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or a wonderful Kwanzaa.

28 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

That looks like a very nice event that you attended. It must be fun to find your name on the wall of donors, too.

thanks for hosting and have a great holiday week!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely time you had there.
I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs :)

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, what an awesome event for PBS near where you live-I loved seeing you on the wall of donors. My Mom, like you always supported PBS too-I started watching it again, finding shows I used to enjoy-quilting arts, crafts are a couple.
I am happy you enjoyed the card-I wasn't sure where I was going with it to complete it but I did have a theme-smiles. I enjoyed making these too-and I do love using the wax and seals-so fun.
Really enjoyed seeing the other handmade cards too-thanks for sharing hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

That sounds like fun event you senqt to, but I don't know Ian McNiece. I recognized Sally! Nice to see your names on the wall! You got some great cards. Your envelope arrived today, thanks so much, I will show it next week. Happy T Day, hugs,Valerie

Cloudia said...

!
Thank you for being such a contributing member of society, and to our little fellowship here. Best wishes to you for magical holidays

Carola Bartz said...

What a fun event you attended, Elizabeth, and finding your name on the wall of donors. I love to support PBS as well. Even though I watch a lot of British shows, I am not familiar with Doc Martin, but have heard about it. How nice that he signed all of the cups. Beautiful beautiful cards you received, each a little piece of art in itself. I love it. Yes, that is a Blue Jay on the Canadian stamp. Aren't they gorgeous birds? Thank you for hosting and I wish you a peaceful Christmas.

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like an interesting and fun event. I'm glad you were able to go, and even had Sally to go with too. I am guessing you will be keeping that mug. I would. And nice holiday cards too. You received some lovely ones. I received your tip-in on Saturday- Thank you; I'll be posting my cards next week because my post is a little bit long as it is. Happy holidays to you also! Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

What a fun tea! I have never watched Doc Martin but I have certainly heard of it as I grew up watching PBS. Loved seeing all your lovely mail. Have a very Merry Christmas, Elizabeth.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Christine said...

Lovely cards, and a nice event.

DVArtist said...

Well, that was a wonderful evening and experience. Looks like a nice man too. I too would want to see my name. However, I didn't know you are Dr. Elizabeth. Such lovely mail too. Have a nice evening.

Lisca said...

Impressive! It must be fun to see your name up there. I smiled that you put Bluebeard up there too.
Anyway it sounds like a fun event. No I didn't know the actor and I have never seen Doc Martin, as I don't have a television.
I'm considering getting one now I'm alone and a friend has put me on her Netflix account so I can see if I like watching programs. I can watch on my laptop. So far I have watched one episode of The Crown over three days. I will look to see if they have Doc Martin on Netflix.
Lovely home made cards and gorgeous stamps. I particularly like the peace dove from Canada, and the beautiful blue jay? stamp.
Happy T-Day and also a Happy Christmas to you and Bluebeard (and Squiggles too of course),
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Big thumbs up for finding your name published there and also meeting the star. We do not get PBS here.
And ohhh, all the fun snail mail, isn´t this a wonderful time of the year (apart from the weather, that is!).

Elephant's Child said...

You and Bleubeard are much loved the world over. Which shows.

Rita said...

Congratulations! What a fun time. Ian looks just like he does on Doc Martin (which I am in the process of watching right now).
Pretty card!

Helen said...

What a special event to be able to attend! I only rarely watched Doc Martin. To be on the wall of donors is very special too. You received some lovely Christmas cards.

CJ Kennedy said...

How cool to see Bleubeard and your name on the wall of giving. The cards your received are lovely. Such talented artist. I really love the cardinal card. Happy T Day

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a fun time. Great cards, too. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!

nwilliams6 said...

Merry Christmas, Elizbeth (and Bluebeard). Lovely post. Love the event - so good to support PBS - we need more thoughtful TV. Super cards too - your mailbox has been happy. Hugz

RO said...

I was watching PBS last night, so what a coincidence! I can watch in various cities, so it was a thrill to see what was going on in Athens, GA, Alaska, Kansas, Wyoming , Hawaii and DC. Then to see your name in lights this 🌄 morning has been so fascinating! I know a celebrity! Isn't it wonderful to see the talent and love ❤️ with hand made creations and the special focus on little things is so fun. Great to see pics of Sally too! Hugs 🤗 RO

Empire of the Cat said...

Looks like fun, also to see your name up there. I've never watched that show though I do know of it. Nice to get happy xmas mail. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

omg omg omg Ian McNeice!!! We _love_ him! He's a big favorite here, and he's one of those actors that'll have us watching anything he's in. He's the BEST Fezziwig! He's been in so much, and he always elevates whatever he's in. I can't even read the rest of your post right now, because I'm so excited about Ian McNeice!

And you got to see him In Person! You win!

Happy T Tuesday

Ian McNeice!!! Wow! 

jinxxxygirl said...

What a wonderful collection of Happy Mail you received Elizabeth! I'm so glad your membership with PBS is bringing you such perks as free tickets and such!! Merry Christmas to you too! I'll be late to the party but be on the lookout for my link up.. :) Hugs! deb

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you for donating. We have several favourites.

Sharon Madson said...

I made it! LOL Lovely posting about your visit with Ian Christmas card from PBS. How special. Love your cup! Thank you for nice things you shared about my card. A special card for a special lady. A doctor? I didn't know that!
Happy belated t day!

Let's Art Journal said...

How wonderful and how kind of you to donate, it was lovely to see your name on the gifting wall 😊. I recognised Ian McNeice from Dr. Martin and I smiled that he was wearing his hat like he does on the show, it's very iconic. So pleased you and Sally went and had tea to celebrate. Your happy Christmas mail is fabulous too. Sending you Happy T Day wishes and Happy Holidays! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

We love Doc Martin too so can understand what a treat this was for you and Sally. We are looking forward to seeing the final Christmas episode! You received some lovely cards. Not having much success commenting on my computer again ! Hugs Chrisx

Amila said...

It looks like a great event. Happy to hear about donating and nice to see your name on the list. Beautiful cards and stamps too.
Happy belated T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I spent yesterday telling people that I know someone who has met McNeice in person :)