Monday, December 19, 2022

Winter Wonderland

 

What should have been an easy installation turned into a nightmare for my dear friend, Scott.  I obviously didn't read the small print on my new scanner, which is also a printer.  I have always sworn I would never get a multi purpose device.  However, when most scanners I was interested in were going in the $300 to $500 range, this was less than $100.00 (USD).

After the funeral for my friend Joseph's mother, Scott and I went to Spice Merchant where I picked up coffee and a gift for Scott (which he picked out).

When we got back to the house, the scanner was waiting for me.  Scott offered to set it up for me because I had chosen another HP.  It is wireless and works off Wi-Fi.  What I failed to read is it is set up for Windows, and didn't work with my Linux!  Scott wrote code all weekend.  He finally got the scanner to work, but not the printer.  Further, my laser printer would no longer print.  After a frustrating Sunday, he just left a few minutes ago to head home in time to go to work today.  At least the new scanner and the laser printer are finally working.  However, while Scott was working on the computer, I had no way to check my blog or the internet.

With that in mind, I am joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter.

This is the very first scan on my new scanner.

I named this spread Winter Wonderland.

It certainly looked like a Winter Wonderland to me.  Do you see the snowflakes falling?

For this page, I started with a sheet of 110 lb cardstock, over which I glued a used wet wipe I thought would compliment the scene, which I found in my stash.  I computer generated the sentiment.
 
Bleubeard and I want to thank everyone for taking time to visit today. Your visit means a lot to us.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Snowy Winter.
 
 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a nice Christmassy / wintry scene. Sorry you had so much trouble getting everything to work. I have a HP scanner/ printer, too, and up till now it works well! I hope t stays that way! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Your friend Scott is such a wonderful friend to help you set things up. Love your journal page too-hugs

My name is Erika. said...

That sounds like a a lot of work to set up a printer and scanner. But the good news is that it is all working. I have a printer and scanner combo and it copies too HP combo (that was also quite inexpensive). I've had it for quite a while and I like it, so hopefully you will like yours also. Glueing down the used wet wipe really makes a very cloth looking background. It's quite beautiful, and that's such a pretty scene. It's perfect for Jo's challenge. I hope Scott can stay awake all day at work, and that you have a great start to the week. See you for T tonight. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Every week it seems that one of your devices betray you! Last week it was the sewing machine. Sometimes it’s the WiFi. Now it’s the printer/scanner. I have become to lazy to use a scanner, I just use my iPhone these days. I rarely print or sew anything. But I still feel very sorry that you are so burdened by technology!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Those tech problems are so frustrating. Scott is a hero for plugging away at it. It seems at times we just hold our breath and hope for the best to keep things working!

CJ Kennedy said...

Scott has a lot of patience. Glad the scanner and printer are finally working. Lovely Winter Wonderland scene.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd give a lot if computer-related technology was plug and play instead of requiring a degree in computer science, 10 years experience, and the patience of a saint to figure out *sigh* I'm glad he got it up and running.

Lovely winter scene.

DVArtist said...

Thank the gods for Scott. Wish he could come over and work on my laser printer. LOL The prints look great and that is more the art than the pringer. Have a wonderful day today.

jinxxxygirl said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! Have you ever tried a used dryersheet over an image? Supposed to give it a snow like look.. Glad you have your own computer guru.. Thank goodness my hubby knows how to work on computers etc.... although he is getting a little rusty and outdated on the new tech.. Take care Hugs! deb

Elephant's Child said...

A big, big sigh on the technical issues - and hooray for Scott.
As always, I am blown away by your work.

Birgit said...

After the frustrating weekend looking at this peaceful scene is what's needed. Scott needs a good drink:))

Helen said...

Glad that Scott was able to fix the scanner/printer..I wouldn't have had a clue! I had thought maybe you'd lost internet at the weekend and didn't realise your other issues. Good to see your scanned image - it looks fabulous. Take care. Helen

Christine said...

Lovely page, and Scott is an invaluable friend, so kind.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a Winter Wonderland for sure! It's also a good representation of a 'Snowy Winter', Jo's AJJ theme! I hope all of your Printer/scanner problems are over. Well done to Scott! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

Well I sure have had a good catch up today. I love this scene and the beautiful background you used. I hope all is going okay with your new scanner/printer, not something I use or own , I have to rely on my camera talking to the computer and if not wait for one of my sons to help out.
If I don't get to call in before Christmas I hope you have a Happy and festive time.
hugs Yvonne xx

Jenn Jilks said...

Ah, technology! :-)

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased you have your new scanner and printer all working, that was kind of Scott! I was sorry to hear about Joseph's mum, sending my condolences. Your page is so beautiful, I love the recycled wipe background and the winter scene card with the snow fall is so pretty too 😊. Take care! Hugs Jo x

Neet said...

We all need a Scott in our lives. Thank goodness I have one called Chas. Sorry about the whole mess in installing your new scanner/printer but ~I am sure you are thrilled with this first result.
It sure is a lovely winter wonderland, and yes, I see the snowflakes, what a lovely idea to have a background like this.
Hugs, Neet xxx