Sunday, December 18, 2022

Monday Murals: A blast from the past

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.  I am getting this post together just in time to publish.    

 https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5cdd71e9b7c92c85e837e8d2/1563886475023-U3M6PFXRDH3DEWY7PZ0Y/472A0586-1920x1080.jpg?format=2500w  This mural was on my blog awhile back (October, 2021).  Why am I showing it again?  Because the mural of Andy's Custard has now replaced this mural known as "Don't fear the reaper . . . sauce.  The mural was created in 2017 by John Pirtle for Dempsey's Biscuit Company, 3425 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was shown between 2017 and 2021.

  This is what it looked like in October, 2021 when I photographed it.  Note the new sidewalk, but NO overhead light like for Andy's.  This was also an Avenue Art Days Mural, unlike Andy's.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks beyond belief for stopping by today.


 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

Nice mural!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

It's sad when murals are replaced, defaced, torn down with old buildings, or obscured by new construction. But when you get right down to it, their ephemeral nature is part of what makes them so enjoyable. Life is short and art is long, says the old saying we learned in elementary Latin class. Doesn't apply to murals!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

That mural is sooooo much fun. Thank you.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun! I like the Grim Reaper

kathyinozarks said...

what an awesome mural this was

Tom said...

...somethings need to be refreshed in time. This one looks GREAT!

Christine said...

Beautiful

ashok said...

Nice mural

Annie said...

I LOVE this mural !!! Of course being a bicycle rider it naturally appeals to me. Love the chicken in front and the grim reaper at his back.

Fundy Blue said...

I love murals painted on city walls, Elizabeth. This is so much fun. On some of our old buildings in Denver, things that were painted decades ago have popped out like ghosts in newer murals or ads. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

This is an interesting mural. I'm glad you gave us its name because it explains more about the mural. I like the man and the chicken on the bike and the grim reaper is a clever addition. Once you know the name. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I remember it - it is FUN!!! Great, creative and so well done!

Sami said...

It's a beautiful and fun mural Elizabeth. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.
Have a wonderful Christmas xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Murals can be ephemeral, a lesson in appreciating art when and where you find it.

Birgit said...

I like this mural with death thinking about a nasty pepper.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think this is a fun looking mural :)

All the best Jan