Monday, December 12, 2022

Memories of Christmas Past

 

Today I'm joining the lovely and talented ladies at Try it on Tuesday.  Their theme this fortnight is Winter Wonderland.  It definitely looks like a winter wonderland to me.

I call this Memories of Christmas Past because Santa's sleigh, lantern, and horses evoke feelings of what Christmas might have been like before cars were invented.

Although these are not my memories, they still evoke the feeling of that time.

Also, because it is snowing and there is lots of snow on the ground and trees, I am joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter
 
I started by adhering more of the holiday inspired scrapbook paper I used on a previous journal entry to 110 lb cardstock.  I then cut an image from a Christmas card I had in my stash using deckle scissors. 

Time has gotten away from me and I was sure I had another week to enter this fun Winter Wonderland theme at Try it on Tuesday.  However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I am getting in just under the wire.  That is not the case at Art Journal Journey, where you still have lots of time to share your own take on Snowy Winter

Bleubeard, who will not be frolicking in a Winter Wonderland and I hope to see you at both Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey.
 


22 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful - despite the fact that we are edging into summer. Slowly.

Iris Flavia said...

This is beautiful!
When I was a kid we really did have "White Christmas"!
These days snow comes around in February - to my Nieces dismay...
But we also had heaps of snow for Easter and built a snow-Easter-Bunny.
Santa would´ve loved that!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful winter scene and I loved seeing the traditional Santa Sleigh, Thank you so much for joining us at TioT's.
Sorry I'm not getting to visit as often as I would like to see your fantastic journal pages.
Yvonne xx

Mae Travels said...

Nice winter collage. I hope you have by now fixed the sewing machine.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah you managed to make this page a double link up. I like it and that Santa view. A sleigh ride would be fun to do someday, especially a sleigh ride with Santa. It's a perfect snowy scene for Jo's challenge, and works at TIOT also. You can only ride in a sleigh in snow of course-smile. Thanks for linking up to TIOT. And happy new week. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I love your wintry page Elizabeth

Valerie-Jael said...

Your wintry page is beautiful, I went on a sleigh ride here a few years back when we had lots of snow. It's cold here, but more frost than snow. Nearly all letters / packets from near and far have the sender's name and address on the front top left!! Hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Your scene is also depicted in many Christmas movies that I watch every year, so memories are definitely there in that way. A wonderful wintery page, Elizabeth. A very winter wonderland feel to it.

craftytrog said...

I love your page Elizabeth. Our garden is very white and pretty today, after a heavy snowfall last night.

Christine said...

Lovely page

ashok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashok said...

Beautiful page !

Rita said...

I love seeing a picture of Santa on a sleigh from behind.
Such a gentle scene. :)

Cloudia said...

Christmas before cats were invented. Imagine that! Wait. Let me read that again, lol

Jenn Jilks said...

It is iconic!

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! I'm getting all the Santa feels :)

Angela said...

Beautiful!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! This is just perfect for both TIOT and AJJ- such a lovely scene - I want to be there! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful page, Elizabeth. It truly does evoke memories of Christmases past. Maybe even past our experience -- and all wonderful.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful page! I love the vintage look with those beautiful papers and the Santa in his sleigh, and it's perfect for the Snowy Winter challenge at AJJ 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration and sending you happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Neet said...

It most certainly does look like a winter wonderland and I love the picture of Father Christmas dashing through the snow. I love how you achieved the vintage look.
Hugs, Neet xxx

NatureFootstep said...

this could have been my memory too. :) So long ago!