Tuesday, December 13, 2022

It's all about Santa


Today I have the honor of being the Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday.  And what could be better to end 2022 than to make it all about Santa.
 
I suspect some of you are here because you saw this on Try it on Tuesday's blog.  I imagine you want a closer look at How Santa spends Christmas eve.


Santa was part of a napkin I found in my stash.

Santa is still in his pajamas at 6:00 a.m..  After all, he needed a good night's sleep because tonight and tomorrow will be his busiest day of the year.  After Mrs. Claus fixed him a cup of hot chocolate, 

he searched for the perfect tree to decorate.

By 10:00 a.m.,

the tabletop tree was decorated.
 
Santa loves Mrs. Claus, including her baking skills, and the way she keeps their home so warm and loving.  Their photos sit proudly above the table in the foyer.
 
Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas in Santa's home without a rocking horse!

Looks like Santa forgot his hot chocolate mug.  Not to worry.  Mrs. Claus will refill it and take it to him.

After a good lunch, Santa contemplated a short nap.

Rested and refreshed, by 1:00 p.m., it was time to get dressed.

It didn't take Santa long, and by 1:30 p.m., he was dressed and looking good.

Then it was time to load his sleigh and take off delivering all those toys, clothes, and food baskets around the world.

When I was asked to be the Guest Designer for this theme, I looked for any and everything Santa I could find.  I found two cards, one envelope, and two napkins I felt I could use.  The story came after I had everything in hand.

I started by covering the words on the page with pale green latex paint.  As an aside, latex (sometimes known as house or wall paint) is actually more supple on paper than acrylic.  Once I had the story in my head, I computer generated the words, which I cut and outlined with black dye ink.
 
I fussy cut the clocks I had in my stash. I fussy cut the gifted Santa in pajamas, which had been a Christmas card.

I created the table because I like making quirky furniture I first created from a free taster lesson on shapes.  Santa and Mrs. Claus were from my stash, as was the rug on which the table sat.  The tabletop tree was a gifted sticker and the striped base on which it sat was created from a gifted Christmas envelope.  The rocking horse was stamped by me and fussy cut.  The other hot chocolate mug was also from the inside of same gifted Christmas card.

I hated to deconstruct the beautiful card I received with Santa's outfit, but I needed something in that space.  The rocking horse postage stamp was in my stash, probably from a Christmas card.

The final two images of Santa were from two different napkins.

Thanks ever so much for joining me today, and thanks to all the Design Team at Try it on Tuesday for bestowing this Guest Designer honor on me.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is a stunning Santa spread! The story is amazing too, I love how you used the different recycled images to tell us about Santa on Christmas Eve - perfect and so imaginative 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday and for the wonderful inspiration for our Santa theme! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hmm! I've always wondered! This is such clever page, not only for recycling so many items but because it really has made me smile. (didn't do much smiling on my birthday yesterday as I felt quite poorly)
I love all of the Santa images and the Christmas table really does look fabulous! Great to have you as our Guest Designer at Try It On Tuesday, big hugs, Chrisxx

kathyinozarks said...

so adorable-I love this Santa spread

Mia said...

What a great day Santa has! What a great spread! I really love this idea. Congrats for the Guest DT, my friend. Kisses!!!

My name is Erika. said...

You outdid yourself with this one. I loved reading about how Santa spent his Christmas Eve day. I noticed he even put a little rocking horse on his table-smile. This is very clever and what a fun page it turned out to be. Thanks for being our guest host, and I'm glad you could join us at TIOT. Have a great Tuesday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful story and a fun and clever page.

Christine said...

Nice work

craftytrog said...

I love this spread Elizabeth, so clever and fun with those jolly Santas. I enjoyed reading about Santa's day.
Alison

lichazul said...

Great and wonderful page👏👏👏👏
Happy day ☺️

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous Saanta creation, and this is reall everything about Santa. Nice to have you as guest host! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity - and the smiles it produces.

Joan said...

Wonderful pages and love the story, well done for all the recycling too

Joan

Jeanie said...

This is very clever. I really love seeing the many faces of Santa and you captured them so well. It's charming!

Linda said...

Adorable! This made me smile.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, love-love-love this! Great job, thank you for the smiles (I feel bad today, coughing and all, so this was a real treat!).

Meggymay said...

I loved reading the story about this happy and Santa journal spread. It is fantastic inspiration for the new TioT theme and I am so happy that you are our Guest Designer this time.
Yvonne xx

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This was delightful. So many charming touches. I love the idea of Santa in pajamas; and the portraits on the wall of Mr. and Mrs. Santa. So cute.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this Santa spread. So filled with the fun of the holiday spirit :)

ashok said...

Anything to do with Santa is fun !

Lowcarb team member said...

This is wonderful, I love your Santa spread.

All the best Jan

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous journal spread Elizabeth, I love how you've described Santa's day with all those little illustrations, such a wonderful story.
It's lovely to have you join us as our Guest Designer and with such a wonderful piece.
Avril xx