Thursday, December 15, 2022

Art Journal Advent Calendar 2022

 

For the second year in a row, I'm joining Michelle of RaspberryBlueSky and Tamara of MaraKreativStudio and their Art Journal Advent Calendar.  I had hoped to use the same journal I did last year, but I only counted seven pages, which meant only14 journal entries.

This is the cover of my 2022 Art Journal Advent Calendar.    I obviously cropped the right side and the bottom a bit too much.  And of course, I had to mess up and call Michelle's studio Raspberry Sky Blue rather than Raspberry Blue Sky.

For Day 1, the prompt was Enthusiasm.   I'm always enthused when I vote.  It looks like this father and son are enthused over the fish they caught.  There are definitely faces in this journal page, so I am joining Nicole's Friday Face Off tonight.

On Day 2, we were to share the view outside our window.  If only my view was that beautiful and snowy.  It may not look like snow,

but I added some clear Stickles that unfortunately reflect the color of the stamped trees.  It may be a stretch, but I am also joining Jo from Let's Art Journal at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter

The prompt on Day 3 was Connection.  This may not be what Michelle had in mind, but it is what came to my mind when I saw the prompt.

On Day 4, I started to feel better about this journal.  The prompt was What has 2022 meant to me?  When I printed it out, I wrote 2002 instead of 2022.  I thought when I corrected it, it fit in perfectly with the answer to the question.  You probably can't read it, but I wrote: In 2022 I discovered collage fodder.  I'm fairly certain others came up with things like happiness, self-awareness, lasting friendships, etc.  However, I went a different route.  The collage fodder route, in fact.

Day 5's prompt was Nature.  This was another journal entry I really liked. I included some gifted embellishments, a fussy cut bird, three butterfly stickers, a State Parks map from Arkansas, and one of my wonky leaves.

For my final first installment, Day 6's prompt was Over the moon excited.  I found a picture of a sculpture that was standing on its head.  I cut around it and added a circle I'm calling a moon.  I added some black and copper gel pen marks, along with some white stars, and it was complete.
 
Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me as we started the Art Journal Advent Calendar for 2022, and are joining Nicole's Friday Face Off and Jo's Snowy Winter theme at Art Journal Journey.
 
Just an FYI, I will have limited computer time for the next three days.  I will not be around a computer most of the time, so I will be by as time permits.
 


29 thoughtful remarks:

Nancy Chan said...

Great art journals. Love the Christmas trees. Have a great day.

Iris Flavia said...

The last is my fav :-)
Oh, since years I don´t get excited voting no more. I certainly do vote, but we get the oddest, lying parties sticking together. Even the "enemies", red and black mixed up.
All they care for is getting their money. Oh, I could go on and on, but it´s Christmas time and we want to be in the spirit, right? :-)

Let´s be positively excited!!

Elephant's Child said...

Brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every page.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, Elizabeth. I linked you to AJJ, but Spellchecker changed your name to Bluegrass and Elizabeth and I didn't notice it till it was too late, so sorry! Anyway, you are linked! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Was just going to mention "Bluegrass" but i see Valerie has already told you. Not that it matters, we all know what it should be.
Lovely idea with the journal - I do like the page with the cut out hearts in the music.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Mia said...

Great pages, Elizabeth. I love your collage fodder technique and the way you interpreted "connection". Hugs, my friend.

My name is Erika. said...

These are fun to see. I love the trees outside the window and how you made the curtain. Actually they are all fun to see. You have some fun images to work with for certain. Hope the week is going well. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

That’s a cute little green bird in your second-to-last image! Fanciful!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great idea to do an art journal Advent calendar! Your collages are all so creative! I especially like the one focused on nature.

Christine said...

Beautiful

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially love Day 2 with those beautiful trees.

jinxxxygirl said...

I enjoyed all your Entries Elizabeth. Your imagination is boundless.. and never ceases to amaze me. Enjoy your time away from the computer! Or i hope its an enjoyable time anyway. Hugs! deb

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful pages! I adore the pretty snowy trees, that stamp is gorgeous and the sequins and lace add to the snowy feel - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for the AJJ inspiration and sending you Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Rostrose said...

These are very beautiful and creative sites, dear Elizabeth. My favorite is (of course ;-)) the nature page!
I hope you have a pleasant pre-Christmas period!
All the best from Austria
Traude (just returned from a 3-week trip...)
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/12/besuch-im-tierpark-stadt-haag.html

Jeanie said...

I love the concept of your advent calendar. A great idea and I love your interpretations.

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh, I like these, especially View Outside My Window.

Caty said...

How So so Wonderful Art journal pages Elizabeth ! I loove them, because you are so creative and prompt, there ´s so many details to see quietly. Great !
I wish you a lovely Friday, and send big hugss
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the originality in your Advent journal. My favorite is Over the Moon

aussie aNNie said...

This is just a gorgeous post, I love everything about it xx

Gillena Cox said...

OMG!!! Your Advent calendar is stunning

much💗love

Tom said...

...Merry Christmas Elizabeth, stay warm and well.

DVArtist said...

OMGosh, Elizabeth all of your art is so impressive. However, I love love love the FFO faces. Nothing like a dad and his son fishing. I am sorry you have a funeral today. I hope it is not too trying for you. I have had a request to show how to put a face on a bottle. I will do a step by step next week. Thank you for sharing with FFO. It is always such a pleasure to see your creativity.

Gene Black said...

I love the music that you used in the first photo.
I don't see the "problem" with the trees, but maybe that is because I saw it as part of the design.

craftytrog said...

Some fabulous pages for Michelle & Tamara's challenge. I'm so pleased you discovered collage fodder in 2002! :-)
Alison

peppylady (Dora) said...

Soon I will be retired and I will have more of opportunity to be creative.
I play face off.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

It has to be hard to condense an idea into a single page, but you have surely done it here. Your art and your ideas are awesome. And yes, we should be enthusiastic about voting as there are some who would like to keep us out of the polling place ... a story for another day :( I loved this post and I await the arrival of BleuBeard in one of your pages in the future :) Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season, Elizabeth ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fabulous Creative Journal Pages! class thought up!
Have a happy advent, hugs Elke

Nancy said...

You've been persistent and devoted to completing each of the prompts- well done!

NatureFootstep said...

your birds and the trees are my favorites today!