Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday Smiles 491: Back to the Autumn Art Fair

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.   

Let's return to the Autumn Art Fair which was held back in October when it was so hot, I nearly got sunstroke heat stroke.

I miss going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  Now it's mostly a tourist trap, but back in the late 80s, when I lived in MO, it was a fun place to visit for a weekend.


Don't ask why I took photos of jewelry, but I did!

A random shot of what was available at this juried event.  Photography and bags were in this photo.

I realize not everyone does, but I LOVE quirky,  

and this is THE definition of a quirky booth.


That's it for me today.  No time for funnies or more photos because my internet is SLOW!!  And even though there are a lot of faces in the crowd, I am sharing this quirky face with Nicole's Friday Face Off , too.

Now PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.  And thanks for everyone's suggestions on my now repaired (by me) machine.  Annie, you were right.  It wasn't the tension.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Quirky DEFINITELY floats my boat. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of wonderful art at the fair, thanks for sharing. Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I would love it all! The heat, the art, the fun!
Last time I was on such a market was 2006. Can you believe that.

Mae Travels said...

The Ann Arbor Art Fair is definitely a highlight of the summer here too -- and there's loads of quirky pottery and jewelry there. I love to take pictures of the people as well as the art work! Many years I can't resist buying something. I think you may be more disciplined.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a great art show. I'm glad you shared more photos of it. I love that quirky crow piece myself. I'd take just the crow. And I'm a jewelry fan and should get back to making some, so I'm glad you shared those. I hope you have a super FRiday. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

looks fun

Annie said...

I love all the quirky things but probably wouldn't have them in my home [too much dusting for me lol].
Glad you sorted your sewing machine.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm glad you showed some jewelry. I love handmade jewelry.
And I love that bird. Like Erika, I would just have that bird. (crow). The cave house that we have out in the sticks has as its address Pico Grajo which means crow's beak.
Have a super weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

The 'querky' stall is fun. It really does look like a great show. I know I would enjoy visiting it.
All the artisan markets here have loads of jewellry stands. I do look at it and some is very pretty, but I rarely wear any jewellry these days except for my mum's litle gold chain and a simple gold cross hanging from it that Chris bought for me about twenty years ago. A house full of babies and cats doesn't really encourage you to have things dangling round your neck, and sadly even my wedding ring had to be cut off when arthritis got to my finger joints. But there is no harm in looking is there?!
Hope you are keeping well with the run-up to Christmas. Kate x

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh Elizabeth i'm so glad you like quirky too! Love that crow or raven piece and the last face you showed.. I visited Eureka Springs between 2015 and 2021 and i LOVE that place! and the surrounding area.. I can only imagine what it must have been like in the 70's but i still enjoyed it. Hugs! deb

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm back. Been out with friends today. I am loving the fair but don't think I would dare go to it as I want too many of the gorgeous art pieces I can see. Have agreat weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx

Jenn Jilks said...

I love me a quirky artist!

Helen said...

yep, love a bit of quirky! have a good weekend

Sandra Cox said...

Love the last 2 items the best. Happy weekend. I must be quirky too:)

Lowcarb team member said...

It's nice to see some quirky art.
Thanks for sharing your photographs.

Enjoy the weekend.

All the best Jan

Gene Black said...

I am all for quirky....but then you know that, having seen my creations.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love Eureka Springs!

Annie said...

I think you’ve dreamt it...unless of course you know something I don’t 😂😂😂😂 I’m planning on posting next Friday. Hope yo see you there x
Hugs,
Annie x

Linda said...

I do like that quirky art!

Fundy Blue said...

What fun, Elizabeth, even if the art fair is a tourist trap. I love poking around at art fairs, and I take lots of photos. I never know what I'll need as a photo later. Quirky is definitely fun! Take care!