Monday, November 28, 2022

Food Fodder

 

As many of you know, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month and our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.   Since Bleubeard has been creating many journal pages using collage fodder, it's my turn to try my hand at Food Fodder.

I hope it's obvious, food is the focus of this journal page today.
 
I believe the image in the top left is a tool used to mash apples for applesauce.  I found the image in the kitchen tools and recipes book I am working from this month.

I found the words "Drain ME" that went nicely with the Spaghetti Strainer or Colander.

I rotated the image so you didn't get a crooked neck looking at the mold that reminded me of the Lincoln Memorial, a lovely building found in Washington, D.C. in the states.  The Lincoln Memorial is shown on a Priority Mail postage stamp.

  The stamp was issued in July, 2002.
 
In addition to various food labels I found in my stash, I have some previously borrowed Lynne Perrella stamps I resized to fit on the page.   

The visitor comment came from a museum I visited.  I combined it with a bingo card and two postage stamps.  The Burger King receipt was also in my stash.

I found these sunflowers, also in my stash, and knew I had to use them, since they are not only my state flower, but also I'm showing respect for Ukraine.

I rotated this image, too.  Charlie is the star of Star Kist.  I love albacore tuna over what most people buy.  It's an indulgence I think is worth it.

Another Lynne Perrella image I stamped, reduced to fit the size of the label, and fussy cut.  Yes, that is an avocado sticker on the lower left.

I now give you one final look at my interpretation of Food Fodder.  I'm not sure if Bleubeard is impressed or not.

I used various labels, postage stamps, stamped images, and items from my stash to make this entry.

Bleubeard and I are overjoyed you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own version of Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  

  We are also joining AEDM.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page with lots to see. I'm happy to have modern appliances! Hugs Valerie. By the way, the hospital pics on my blog were from my stay last month.

jinxxxygirl said...

Bleubeard is just being coy... I think its a wonderful page Elizabeth.. Interesting all the different collage elements brought together in one cohesive image. Beautiful! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

I think Bleubeard is pleased. Fun subject and a wonderful arrangement

Sami said...

Interesting page Elizabeth, I love the sunflower paper.

ashok said...

Good work on the page

My name is Erika. said...

Fun food fodder. Is the sunflower paper actually wallpaper. It does look like it a little bit. I like your collection of fodder also. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Nice page.

Iris Flavia said...

Confusing, LOL. We had Sunkist. It was a very sugary orange-drink in a little carton. They stopped the produce in the 1990´s...

Valerie-Jael said...

I already left a comment this morning, it seems to have escaped! Hugs,

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm sure Beubeard loves this! I especially love the jelly mould on the stamp. I had to spend quite a while looking at all of the little details! You definitely covered both of your AJJ themes, hugs, Chrisx ps still trying to work out how some comments publish and others don't - fingers crossed xx

Jenn Jilks said...

I began a sketch last weekend! I am so proud of myself.

Divers and Sundry said...

And now I'm hungry :)