Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Bleubeard and Elizabeth host Art Journal Journey in November


Bleubeard and I would like to thank Elle for her great hosting of the October theme, Fairytales, Folklore, and Fables - Tell Me A Story.  I loved her daily prompts and the pages she created using those prompts.

This month, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey.  However, we have had our first ever disagreement about theme. Bleubeard wants Collage Fodder and I want Food and Drink. No matter how much each of us tried to prove our point, we were still deadlocked. That's when we decided to use both themes this month. Chose one, chose both, chose to combine the two as we did, but please join us with your take on Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.

I realize a lot of people on Instagram and Facebook are members of a Collage Fodder Group.  However, we are a blog only site and DO NOT ACCEPT links from either Instagram or Facebook.  Blog links only, please.

Bleubeard picked out the fodder and I drew the cup and glass.  He also asked me to sew everything together, which I did.

We have a few detail shots you might enjoy:

I love how Bleubeard found "The alter ego of oven thermometer."



 



I forgot to add the date, which I am going to try to do this month.

Bleubeard and I decided on pink for our first entry.  We also chose some recipes from a book on kitchen tools and recipes.  Because there were so many circles and dots in the scrapbook papers, we added three hole reinforcements.  I then sewed everything to 110 lb cardstock using red and pink variegated thread. 
 
Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We do not allow Facebook or Instagram entries.  We also do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, you must either provide a translation tool or translate it for us.  Hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey
 

We are also joining 

and



14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your collaboration with Bleubeard though I suspect that you do most of the work. (Sorry Bleubeard, I do know that inspiration is also important.)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, Elizabeth, the stitching is fantastic, I love it! Enjoy your month hosting, take care, hugs, Valerie

s.c said...

Nice work. I like it.

Nancy Chan said...

Glad that there is no more disagreement when you chose to combine the both theme. Great job.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great way to start the month Elizabeth. I love your stitched strips of paper and how you used the newsprint not only as a your background (in part) but also as the tea cup and champagne glass. Very very nicely done. Happy November to you, and I'm looking forward to this new challenge. hugs-Erika

Debra said...

I love your page, even though Bleubeard seems to be in a snit and has been so bossy!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun challenge this month and your page is perfect! Loving those paper that you used with the stitching and book pages 😊. Looking forward to joining you soon! Happy November! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you combine these two. I'm especially fond of collage art, and I never say no to food and drink ;)

Empire of the Cat said...

That Bleubeard! Great choice of theme I love a bit of collage fodder and i also like food. Love your pink page today!

Jenn Jilks said...

You and Bleubeard do a marvellous job!

pearshapedcrafting said...

My first chance to say what a great theme and what an awesome start you have made too! You know I love when you add sewing to your pages! Hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Great ideas! Glad you went with both!

Super well done page too. Love the colors and the shapes out of book pages! Fun! Hugz

Neet said...

I am always impressed when I see you have included stitching on your page.
Thanks to you and Bleubeard for the theme this month. Such a lot of scope for us to explore, I only hope I can do justice to each part eventually. You never know I might do the odd one that does not include Dylusion figures.
Love the cup especially, I like the way you have used the script sideways and the numbers edge the rim. It makes it look like a lacy pattern on a piece of china.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs, Neet xx.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful inspiration for the new theme Elizabeth!