Monday, October 31, 2022

T Stands For Photo Overload

 

Some of you were here last Friday when my friend from CA took a few photos of this house using my camera. 

Since this house is less than three blocks south of where I live, and on my way to The Spice Merchant, I took a few more shots of this display, which I swear gets larger every year.
















I think I managed to get everything including the witch that looks like she stepped out of the Wizard of Oz.  There seem to be less skeletons climbing on the house this year, though.

Then it was off to The Spice Merchant, which is across town.

While the guy was preparing the whole bean coffees I ordered,

I took a look at what was on clearance.


I was drawn to the Santa.

I was almost tempted to buy the cat mug with socks, but decided $14.99 (USD) was more than I would want to pay for a clearance item.

On my way to the tea section, I was drawn to these puzzles.

Of course, I had to stop in the hall connecting the tea shop to the coffee area.  There was everything from tea pots, to Asian tea cups, to tea candy.

This room has everything

from delicate tea cups and saucers 

to oversized tea cups, decorative mugs,

and the cutest cow creamer.  And I had barely stepped into the room when my name was called and I left to pick up my coffee.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 
 
 
 


This week you need to be quick as a bunny with your T links.  Since I don't pay for Mr. Linky, this link will close at 12 a.m. my time on November 2 when Second on the 2nd goes live.  I also hope you will share your second look on the 2nd. The ONLY requirement is it must have been published sometime in the past.

Finally, 

it appears Art Every Day Month or AEDM will not be offered this November.  Thanks go to Erika, because I checked yesterday, and apparently she checked today.

      I have also signed up for my second year at Treasure Trovember.


29 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

that is one mega decorated house! thanks for sharing.
BTW the beds in front of the Palm House are the same size as they've always been, so must have been the photo! glad you enjoyed the photos xx

Elephant's Child said...

Wow. They go to a heap of trouble to decorate that yard.
And how I would like to visit that spice shop.

Mae Travels said...

THat’s a great set of decorations. A house a couple blocks from here has a similar carriage as well as a pirate ship. Their carriage is pulled by a large wolf — or maybe it’s a werewolf. Last night before any scheduled trick-or-treaters were out, there was already a crowd looking at the animatronics they had. Enjoy the evening!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

The skeleton horses will no doubt live on for decades in the dreams of neighborhood kids! I know they will mine!

TIP:

The drink in my post is in front of the man all the way at the right side of my "T" day photo ;)


kathyinozarks said...

Wow what an awesome Halloween display-I am loving those horses too.
I would love to meet you at the spice merchant's shop-what a very neat place to shop Happy T hugs

Sharon Madson said...

Wow! They must really celebrate Halloween. I never been one to celebrate it much. I can’t get over how stores already have skipped over Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas. I do like to celebrate .Thanksgiving, then
Christmas! LOL. Well, I didn’t get a post done yet, maybe later. I have been avocado dying. I have so much liquid, yet. Question: can I store the liquid in the refrigerator and use it again later? I have done copy, paper, doilies, and envelopes so far. I had to get the avocados out of my freezer. I had saved too many! Happy T day

pearshapedcrafting said...

We were talking to friends today and were saying that we didn't really 'get' halloween on the scale it seems to be now - your neighbourhood seems to have the masters of the art - it does look interesting and well done but I must say I would sooner have Christmas decorations!
Hurray for a trip to The Spice Merchant -it's a place I would love to visit! Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you had more photos to share from those fabulous halloween decorations. They are great, and very classy too. No plastic blow up ones. They sure pay attention to details too. I always wonder how people store these. Maybe they rent a storage locker or have an empty garage. Smile. And I'm glad you brought us back to the Spice Market. I'm a big fan of clearance sections. And I'm reading that Leah is doing Art Every Day Month. Here's the link:
http://creativeeveryday.com/art-every-day-month
Am I reading it wrong?
HAve a great T day, Halloween and start to November.
hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Fabulous display! Some people do go all out!

Darla said...

What an amazing display at that house. They must enjoy doing it since if obviously takes lots of effort. I'd enjoy visiting the spice market with you. So many little treasures pictured there.

Carola Bartz said...

Someone got very wild in decorating for Halloween. I do like the skeletons that are climbing the house. The Spice Merchant is always a nice visit. I once gave my daughter a cow creamer like that. Happy T day, Elizabeth - and Bleubeard, of course!

Kate Yetter said...

Your neighbor certainly goes all out with the decor. Not many people own a carriage. I wonder where they store it.
The teacups with scenes from famous paintings were my favorite at the Spice Merchant.
Have a very Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Annie said...

What a fun adventure to view that great Halloween display! The skeletons are so adaptive to whatever pose we can think of. And I just love seeing a whole community of them on display. I think they are much more fun than the air filled creations (that lie flat on the ground during the day while folks are at work maybe). It looks quite interesting inside the spice merchants store.

Amila said...

The Halloween display is amazing. I am sure they have spent a lot of time in creating this display. I really enjoyed your photos from The Spice Merchant. It seems like a great place to visit and shop. The mugs and teapots in the tea section are wonderful. I'd love to visit such a place.

Iris Flavia said...

Very, very, VERY cool post!!!! Love those decorations! Here I saw not one.
And oh. That store is as dangerous as our book store!
You did great not buying one thing but coffee - I would bot be that strong (also my stomach cannot take coffee anymore, one item would be allowed, huh?).

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a great store you visited, they really have everything. Well done on resisting the temptation! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Rostrose said...

This Halloween decoration really is the craziest I've ever seen!
I wish you a wonderful November!
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/10/lebenszeichen-herbstimpressionen.html

CJ Kennedy said...

That house should be the Grand Prize Winner for Halloween Decorations. I think I could spend a lot of time wandering around the spice shop. Lots of fabulous mugs and tea cups. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

I really like it when you visit the Spice Merchant. It's a joy to walk round the store with you and look at all those really lovely things. They really have everything! I like it that they have the tea and the coffee areas separate. I agree that even the sale items are still expensive, but a little window shopping doesn't cost the earth.
Like Kate, I love those Van Gogh inspired teacups. Sooo pretty. And i spotted local honey too. What a great shop! Thanks for taking us there again.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

Wow! I would so love to have this display. It is awesome!!!! I would so like to visit this store too. Thanks for sharing such a dynamic display. Have a wonderful day.

jinxxxygirl said...

Nice that those people have the money to indulge in their love of Halloween... Everything seemed so expensive to me this year.. I just couldn't do it.. I did purchase a handful of skeleton bats from the Dollar Tree.. I had three little trick or treaters.. don't think i'll be buying candy next year.. i don't need it.. lol Thank you for taking us to the Spice Merchant.. Love that store! Yes, don't you hate it when i sale is not REALLY a sale..?! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Debra said...

Oh-love that spice shop!!! I could spend a few hours looking at everything.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, those Halloween decorations are amazing! I think I'd be scared to walk passed at night - eek ...lol 😊. The Spice Merchant is a lovely place, there is so much to see and buy (smile!). Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! I love how much fun that is :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow those people really go all out! My first thought was where do they store it all when it's not Halloween but I see what looks like a really big shed in one of the photos. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Rita said...

The horse skeletons kind of creep me out, but I like the rest. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - what a cool looking yard. I see thousands and thousands of dollars tied up in there. Around $500 just for a horse. Amazing stuff. TFS.

I always love to see what you found at the Spice Merchant. Fun stuff there too.

Happy T-day a bit late - too many things getting in the way these days! I am trying to make my way back though as I miss all you! Hugz

Jeanie said...

Definitely a winning neighborhood display -- that's just loads of fun. And I think I'd be calling Spice Merchant a favorite store. It looks great!

Lowcarb team member said...

Fantastic Halloween decorations.
Love the look of the Spice shop.

All the best Jan