Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Hope

 

 My scanner is on its last leg, but I hope that doesn't deter from this journal page.

Today I'm joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.
 
My all time favorite bird is this beautiful cardinal.
 
I thought Emily Dickinson's quote fit perfectly.
Hope is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

I started with 140 lb cardstock, to which I sewed black cardstock and a cardinal from my stash.  I then sewed black cardstock, red cardstock, and the computer generated words to the page.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fur and/or Feathers.
 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Great quote and beautiful bird.
And my thank you!

I told Ingo about your way to frame artwork.
An hour later he shouted, "red or turquoise?"

I thought, "what´s he up to now" and answered with the second.
A couple of days later a brand new Singer for beginners stood in the kitchen and now I cannot only sew art, but also my too big shirts! (Darn it, I bought the smallest women´s size and they´re way too long!)
So: thank you :-)

Elephant's Child said...

Hope is a fragile essential.
Love your creation. As I always do.

Valerie-Jael said...

You used a beautiful quote on our lovely artwork,, and cardinals are really beautiful. I wih they would come here! Have a beautiful day, enjoy, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful image paired with the quote.

Mae Travels said...

Getting a good photo of a cardinal is amazingly challenging — they are very jumpy birds, and don’t stay out in the open for very long. Your photo is very nice, as is the poem.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

A lovely piece! Good luck with the scanner. Such are hard to find in some places.

Christine said...

Beautiful page. I take photos on ny phone now more than I scan

Divers and Sundry said...

Beautiful. The perfect pairing.

jinxxxygirl said...

Received my lovely napkins yesterday Elizabeth! Thankyou so very much! I did see a pink one with black cats! Thank you! Your ATC is lovely as is Jo's...

This is one of my absolutely favorite poems.. and i'm a fan of cardinals too.. Did you know when they are courting a male cardinal will feed a female cardinal? Saw this many times at our feeder in Arkansas.. Hugs! deb

Rostrose said...

The cardinal is such a beautiful bird, dear Elizabeth - and the poem fits perfectly! Today I've belatedly joined your T-Day :-D
Best wishes
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/juli-august-2022-teil-1-was-fur-ein.html

R's Rue said...

The cardinal is beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Neet said...

I can imagine the joy and immense pleasure you get from seeing a bird like this. We have nothing so colourful in the UK that I know of and if I saw one of these I would be over the moon. So beautiful in shape and colour.
What a lovely bird to grace your page today with his lovely red plumage. Thanks for sharing your favourite bird with us for my theme at AJJ.
HU
ugs, Neet xxx

Sandra Cox said...

I love this. It's beautiful. And the quote...purrfect.

Cindy McMath said...

A lovely page! We don’t have cardinals here on the west coast - I think they are gorgeous. I did get to see one in Toronto which was quite a thrill. Xo

Carola Bartz said...

This is such a lovely page, Elizabeth! That little cardinal is such a pretty bird, no wonder it is your favorite. Sadly, we don't have it here.

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry it took me so long to get by. The Wi-Fi was terrible at our hotel, but this place has good internet. Nice cardinal for your page. He is perfect for Neet’s challenge. I hope you’re having a great week. Hugs Erika

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous card , beautifully designed, ♥