Sunday, September 4, 2022

Avenue Art Days Mural 108 is complete

 

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.    

Granted, this wasn't the first photo I took with my new camera, but it IS the first one I took of a mural.  I can't believe I didn't get the entire mural in one shot, but apparently I only got it in stages.  I checked every photo and there were none showing the entire mural.  Not sure where my head was, but I know it was uncomfortably hot and perspiration was streaming down my face.

Here is the mural in stages.







And now for the close-ups:







Although this is the 108th and final Avenue Art Days mural, artists and muralists in Wichita will continue to create new murals.  They will just not be as easy to find without maps or a sponsor.
 
After studying this mural, I believe everyone is looking to or at the stars.  It is fitting, since Kansas's motto is Ad Astra Per Aspera which means “To the Stars Through Difficulty.”

This mural is located at Moler's Camera, 2609 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Bleubeard and I are thrilled you could join us.
 


24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

You've got your new camera? Yay. And I love the mural shots. All of them.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous mural, thanks for the pictures. Glad you are happy with your new camera. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely mural, most delightful colours used x

Iris Flavia said...

Yay to your new cam!
And a beautiful mural!
We went on a mural-hunt yesterday... as announced in the news. Nothing. No mural.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy you have your new camera Great mural

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic mural.

CJ Kennedy said...

Yay for the new camera. Awesome mural

Divers and Sundry said...

I love those huge mural images!

I'm glad your camera came. I hope you enjoy it :)

Christine said...

Lovely mural

jinxxxygirl said...

Great photos Elizabeth and i think better to see the mural in stages and closer up.. Hugs! deb

Tom said...

...I like the colorful and minimalist style. It's often difficult to get the entire mural in one shoot. I'm looking into a wide angle lens, Perhaps Santa will bring me one.

Mae Travels said...

Great to see you enjoying your new camera! I hope you get out and take lots of photos of your surroundings and your city.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Thanks for sharing. I was just there taking my camera in a couple of weeks ago, and never saw this! That is how observant I am! I was more concerned with a parking place. 🤪

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This is such a fantastic mural! Thank you for sharing sections as well as what you could capture of the entire mural.(Getting a complete a mural is very hard to do, BTW, so you did at better than most people would.) I love murals. They add so much beauty in a city.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colours in this lovely mural.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Your new camera looks like it works fantastic Elizabeth. And the mural is a great place to start with. It came out great. It is a really fun mural. I like it, and I'm glad you shared it too. Hope it was a nice Sunday. hugs-Erika

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love the closeups!

Sami said...

Congratulations on the new camera Elizabeth, happy snapping!
It's a beautiful mural and I like the closeups :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Lea said...

Wonderful!
Beautiful!
Have a great week!

Bertiebo said...

In stages or not, it's a very nice mural

RedPat said...

I like it a lot and in stages we can see the details. It reminds me of the old Paint By The Numbers sets.

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow the shading on the faces is so well done.

Debra said...

This mural is amazing. I love the colors. I see a mural in a city near us and keep thinking I need to photograph it for you.

Linda said...

The faces shine with hope!