Monday, August 29, 2022

Sisters

 

I'm once again joining Chris at Pearshapedcrafting with her When We Were Young theme at Art Journal Journey.  

"These sisters share everything."

I have a few close ups I will also share:



I began with a sheet of cardstock that had been a freebie from Somerset Studios magazine. To make it more my own, I added some of my handmade shimmering mists to it and to a sheet of copier/printer paper.  I then ran the copier paper through my laser printer and out came the computer generated words that I cut and, along with the focal image, sewed to the page.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you dropped by today.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When We Were Young.  There's still ample time to join in this fun theme.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I have always wanted a sister...

Christine said...

Very nice

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and projects, love the colours and images used x

Tom said...

...family can be your best friends.

Mae Travels said...

Cute image of the two little girls! I have some photos of me with my sister and the picture reminds me of these photos.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page, love the background. I had 2 sisters but they much older and didn't share everything with me! Could you please link me this evening for T Day? Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page. Makes me think when my girles were little.

Iris Flavia said...

I have but a Brother.
His name is Helge (male) - some people mistook it for Helga (female) and he gave all the girly presents to me :-)
He was 14 and yet ... he shared. Whilst all his (male) friends got cool stuff.

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet :) They look happy.

jinxxxygirl said...

Awww they remind me of my granddaughters.. Lovely page Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

What a lovely layout and composition, Elizabeth. I love the layers and spatters and of course the use and placement of the words.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely page ...

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I never had a sister so I don't know what that is, but I do know people who are very close with their sisters. This is a great idea for Chris' challenge. And that's a great photo too. They are definitely sisters. What a fun page. hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

So sweet.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just as I thought - sisters share everything- I would have loved a sister! Those Somerset Studios papers are so useful and I love what you have done here - a fabulous page for my AJJ theme, thank you! Hugs, Chrisx