Thursday, July 21, 2022

Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date

 

Today I'm joining Rain and her new Art and Dinner Date, or now TADD. This week the prompt was poetry. which is why I chose to join. 

I entered this example of my poetry skills and artistic ability in a journal challenge in 2014.  It is the ONE and ONLY poem I ever wrote.

It was even published in a national teen magazine, although, for the life of me, I can no longer remember the name of it, although the word Teen comes to mind.

After all, I was only 11 when I wrote and submitted it.  Actually, if truth be told (and again, I simply don't remember) I suspect I talked my Grandmother (Grands raised me from birth) into submitting it for me.

Sorry, I have no food entry I can share this week, 

but I can share my cherry tomatoes that are both a bumper crop and dying on the vine, so to speak.

I'll be at Rain's today and I hope to see you there, too.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

After reading your poem I have a HUGE smile. And suspect a romance with a tree would be more rewarding than one with some men.

Mia said...

I LOVE the poem, Elizabeth. I would love to read more poems from you. Hope one day you will write more. Hugs, my friend.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I Love your poem-and that must have been special to see it in print at the time hugs I am thinking many veggie gardens are burning up this summer in this heat. Happy thursday

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh and WOW! At only age 11! I´m impressed!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's an awesome poem, Elizabeth! And a published poet at 11 -- impressive!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really fun! What a great contribution.
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

Christine said...

Wow you were/are a poet Elizabeth

DVArtist said...

Wow! 11 years old? Truly brilliant. A poet indeed. Love seeing your yard and what you are growing. Have a very nice day over there.

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't "do" poetry unless you count comic poems. I love cherry tomatoes, though :)

Debra said...

Your poem is great! Creative at a young age-I'm sure in other ways too. Your tomato plant is huge! Mine is a bit whimpy but is still making tomatoes. Hope you are staying cool. Sending you a hug!

Carola Bartz said...

That's a wonderful poem, especially since you wrote it at such a young age. Well done, my friend. And you used one of my favorite tree stamps for your page!

Gillena Cox said...

Bravo!!! That is one cute poem☺
Happy Thursday.

Much💚love

Sandra Cox said...

That poem is so cute!
You do have a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes. Do you have any raspberries? Talk of slugs made me change my mind about strawberries:)

My name is Erika. said...

That was a fun poem. I'm glad you still have it. And you are a published poet-smile. And your tomato plants are huge. I bet those tomatoes will be ripening soon. My plants always start dying back when the fruit start to ripen. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...this year I planted my tomatoes too close together in raised beds, what a jungle I have! Enjoy your weekend.

NatureFootstep said...

loved your poem. It is refreshing in some way. :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

This poem will stir the imagination of all those women who are married to trees (a stump in a chair in front of a TV). I laughed out loud when I read it ... so I see your cleverness started at a very young age, probably even before you were 11. Great Fun, Elizabeth ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Jeanie said...

I love your poem. LOVED it! And at age 11 -- very witty and fun.

Rain said...

Elizabeth your poem is wonderful!!! Who on earth would date a tree??? I LOVE that!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! ♥♥