Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Drive by shots

 

In my desire to clean up my computer files, I ran across hundreds of photos I have taken in and around Wichita.  These are all several miles northwest of where I live.  A note for Iris and those of you who wonder why my electricity goes off so frequently.   All these wires control the electrical lines that provide the lights and electricity to my and hundreds of thousands of homes in Wichita.

I seem to have started with the most recent.  Spring will be next.  All photos taken from a moving car.







In less than four miles, you see how the landscape changes.  Such diversity where I live.  I hope this will show a bit and give you an idea of where I call home.

 

10 thoughtful remarks:

My name is Erika. said...

It is so flat. Smile. I knew Kansas was flat, but seeing the photos has reminded me how flat it is. The only flat part of New Hampshire is right at the coast.It's fun to see these drive by shots. I should take some myself because it would be fun to compare. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I take a lot of drive-by shootings like this and it's always fun to see them from other areas!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, and thank you for sharing with us I agree with Erika, very flat in your area

jinxxxygirl said...

We are flat here too.. There is one hill out by the lake and every fitness buff heads out there to walk or run it..lol The electrical lines here in the new housing area are all underground.. With the winds we get here i think thats a good thing.. Thanks for sharing pics of your area.. I think thats a good blog series i should think about doing.. Look forward to seeing more of your pictures.. Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

I can't manage driving and photography at the same time. I have to pull over, which I seldom do.

Power lines aren't underground here, either. I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper in the long run to bury them instead of doing the constant repairs.

Christine said...

Very nice.

Elephant's Child said...

I fail on the drive by shooting front and am glad to see yours. And very glad that you are shooting a camera...

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for sharing home with us.
Hugs,

CJ Kennedy said...

I had the same reaction as Erika. It's so flat! 😺

Iris Flavia said...

Why don´t they put all that underground, too expensive?
You´re often missed online...

Looks peaceful with all the flat houses, thank you for sharing :-)