Saturday, July 23, 2022

ICAD Day 47 to 53

 

 Here are this week's ICADs.  ICAD stands for Index Card A Day.

Day 47: Friends and loved ones are celebrating Squiggles' birthday with cake and candles.

Day 48: Previously unused floral assembly paired with gifted washi tape over spritzed background.

Day 49: I created this to honor the Ninth anniversary Tea Party napkin reveal.  I used a teapot like the one in my T party invitation (see right sidebar) and masked the area, which I later colored with another mist.  I found a few tea and coffee stickers that I added to the card.  When the tea pot didn't show clearly, I outlined it using a black Sharpie. 

Day 50: Hope, a gifted business card from Spain, a hand drawn and painted tulip, part of a security envelope, a punched bird, and a punched circle.

Day 51: A band that came off twill tape, and various left over images from my stash.

Day 52: Stickers and leftover paper from my stash paired with a sentiment that was today's inspiration.  All over misted card.

Day 53: Heart sticker and various leftovers from my stash on a misted index card.

Thanks so very much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are very grateful for your visit. He wants to check out and make friends with that eagle in Arkansas.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love them all - and hope that Squiggles had a wonderful birthday.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Birthday, Squiggles!!!
Great works, oh, I admit... I laze out on sewing. In my defense... I always have to get the board for ironing up etc, etc...
Day51 is supergreat!

CJ Kennedy said...

My favorite is Squiggles. Happy Birthday, sweet boy.

Christine said...

Very nice!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so creative. This is such a great hobby. I am enjoying it!
I'd love to sit and sketch, but I just haven't been moved.

(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

jinxxxygirl said...

Enjoyed all your clever ICAD's Elizabeth! Love all you use all the bits and bobs! Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

Nice cards. The Spanish business card caught my eye, and the quote about wishing Arkansas came later had me thinking Later than what But that's what fun about art. These cards always look like a lot of fun. I hope it cooled off but when I watched the news it didn't look like it. Hugs-Erika

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These are all intriguing, but the one with Squiggles is especially sweet.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy belated Birthday to Squiggles! I'm sure the day was festive :)

aussie aNNie said...

ahh cute squiggles love this... sorry have been MIA... xx

Rita said...

Happy birthday, Squiggles! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Birthday Squiggles :)

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful collection of ICADs Elizabeth!
Happy birthday dear Squiggles.

Empire of the Cat said...

Happy birthday Squiggles! I hope he had a lovely birthday. Love your ICADs this week, especially the Squiggles one of course, and the tea one and I even spy a Royal Mail airmail sticker on one. Good selection. Elle/EOTC xx

Linda Kunsman said...

all such fun cards- but Squiggles gets my vote for favorite today:):)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love them all Elizabeth! I love the photos of Squiggles. The bottom one is my favourite. Hugs, Chris

Cindy McMath said...

Aw - I hope Squiqqles had a great birthday! I am big fan of random text that is clearly part of a longer sentiment - so I’m wording why anyone would wish Arkansas was later in the tour. And what tour? LOL - At any rate, this is another lovely week of fun collages that feature your great stitching.