Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Under the sea

 

Today we welcome my friend Mia from Craftartista as our host for June. She has chosen Fish as the theme this month.

I entitled this Under the Sea.  I have a few detail shots I will share.






I found this beautiful background in my stash and knew I had to use it.  I stamped, embossed, and fussy cut three carp, then added them to the background.  Luckily, I also have another of these backgrounds that were gifted me, so you just might see it again with different fish. 

Mia, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Yvonne, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fish.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Be aware, if your blog is not in English, you must either provide a translation tool or translate it for us.  Hope to see you there soon. 

Today we also start ICADs or Index Card A Day.  It is the brainchild of Daisy Yellow.  This is her 11th year of hosting this event.  This will be my 9th year creating these tiny works of art.

This is Day 1.  I will be sewing collage fodder to the 3 inch X 5 inch (7.62 centimeters X 12.7 centimeters) index cards.  For Day 1, I used stencils, an old calendar, and a feather I found in my yard.  I will share these weekly on Saturday until July 31, where I will share the final ones on that Sunday.

Please let me know if you are creating ICADs this year and I will be by to visit your blog.  I am not on the social media sites Daisy Yellow uses.

 

25 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

This is truly lovely. Thank you for sharing some of the detail.

Iris Flavia said...

The fish-scene came out wonderful!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful under water scene, love the beautiful fish you added. Great ICAD, too, hve fun with the challenge. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page for Mia's fish theme

My name is Erika. said...

You are lucky to have that paper to make some fish scenes with. This one looks great, and I bet those fish are happy swimming there. And ICADS already? I want to make ICADS one day. It won't be right now as everything is a big mess here right now. (Half of my supplies are put away, half are still spread out around the house. UGH!) Happy June to you, and it is fun to see the fish and to see your title ICAD too. Have fun creating this month. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Underwater scenes are just. beautiful. I’ve always loved snorkeling to see tropical fish. Carp are generally in fresh water that’s too muddy for a good look at them, except when in decorative ponds. So it’s a nice idea to show them off with a few plants.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

Elizabeth that background is beautiful BUT those fish are out of this world!!! Love the whole page! I may try some index cards.. I know of this challenge but have never participated.I'll be around to see yours! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

The fish scene is so peaceful. All the joy of an aquarium without the work. I look forward to seeing your ICAD creations.

Christine said...

Lovely fish page and ICAD!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page Elizabeth - that is a wonderful background - it's a beautiful restful scene you have created - all you need is the David Attenborough commentary! Hugs, Chrisx

WendyK said...

A fabulous background for your fish, love it.

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic and peaceful under the sea scene, the background looks beautiful and I loved those fussy cut fish.
Yvonne xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth! I absolutely love your beautiful page and I really like your 'Under the Sea" title! Your scenic background is so beautiful and perfect for this theme. And your embossed Carp look fabulous here!! I also enjoyed seeing your awesome ICAD! Have a great time with the challenge!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Sharon

Meggymay said...

I was sure I called in earlier. I love the papers you used for this fabulous page Elizabeth and the fussy cut fish, its a beautiful and peaceful under the water scene.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful underwater page Elizabeth!
I love your ICAD too. I'll be joining in again, with some collaged 6x4" index cards. There may be teabags and stitching :-) I'll probably post them weekly on a Monday.
Alison

Rika said...

Fabulous page, great background!

Serena Lewis said...

That background was the perfect setting for your fish. Love it!

Nice ICAD too!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is so lovely ...
Sending lots of good wishes for a happy month of June.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Such a beautiful page. I would never have guessed you had added the three fish to an existing background - it looks perfect and the fish certainly do belong. In fact they probably enhance that lovely background.
Hugsm, Neet xxx

sirkkis said...

Your background is very suitable to fish art 👍
Great fish that you added 🐬
Happy, inspiring June 🦜♥️

Mia said...

A beautiful under the sea page, Elizabeth! I LOVE your page! And what a great background! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!!!

Jeanie said...

Perfect, Elizabeth. And the texture on that fish is especially wonderful -- very scaly!

nwilliams6 said...

Love that background you found, Elizabeth - soooo perfect for your fab fish. Love that page. Cool ICAD too. I admire you for partipating for 9 years - wow! Hugz

NatureFootstep said...

fish is a strange thing to me. I both like and dislike them. I like to see them swimming in their natural habitat. But I never wants to eat them.
In your art they are swimming in the reef, it is where they belong. :)

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful fish scene.