Sunday, May 8, 2022

Monday Murals: Back to the Pop-up Park

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

For those of you who celebrate it, have a lovely Mother's Day.  Treat your mother, wife, sister, daughter to a special treat today.

As I suspected, the murals had changed the next time I went to the Pop-up Park.  No more un-family-friendly art.  Perfect for Mother's Day viewing.

This is the only mural I found this time that had an artist's signature.

This would have been a good Earth Day mural because of the world (western hemisphere) and our well known statue/sculpture, Keeper of the Plains.

A sign of the times, but it may be a bit dated, since it appears those of us who have chosen to be vaccinated (and boosted) already have been.  Nice to see Rosy the Riveter in this century, though.

This may be my favorite mural on the fence.  It pays homage to technology, professions, and the arts.  I love how the person has been collaged with sheet music.

When I saw this, I thought it was my second favorite on the fence. 

The Pop-up Park is located on the south side of the street between Douglas and Market in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  The murals are located on what is now called the Chain Link Gallery.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.  
 

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Just brilliant - and Rosie the Riveter is still relevant.

Valerie-Jael said...

That pop-up park is a good idea, and has some wonderful murals. The last one is my favourite. I'm having a quiet day with a long soak in the bathtub and then a nice walk or 2. Have a great day, Elisabeth. Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

You always present such great street art! This looks like a very amusing spot.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

These are wonderful. I like murals!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

My name is Erika. said...

You shared a bonanza of murals with us today. Nice. There are some good ones here. I don't think I can pick out just one I like best. Have a great mother's day as you are a kitty mom. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Wonderful murals!

Debra said...

Hello my friend. I will catch up on your posts this week.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a variety of murals. We don't seem to have m(any) around here.

Divers and Sundry said...

Great variety. The last one is particularly relevant now, I think. The pop-up park is such a great idea!

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Tom said...

...it's good to see that Rosie is keeping up with the time. "We did not fight just to be silent," keep up the fight.

kwarkito said...

I agree with you concerning the collage. I love it for the same reasons. It reminds me when I use to do collage-works, a long time ago.

Iris Flavia said...

The last two are my favs, too!

Bertiebo said...

Nice painting and Rosie...I like her

Bertiebo said...

Paintings

Sami said...

You found lots of great murals Elizabeth. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

DVArtist said...

Wonderful murals. Have lovely day today.

Bill said...

Fantastic murals! I like the idea of the pop-up park.

Birgit said...

Great murals with so.e true thoughts behind it. Rosie is always a strong icon

craftytrog said...

A wonderful selection of murals!

Jeanie said...

That's nice how they change things out!

pearshapedcrafting said...

The pop up park looks such a great place to visit! Hugs, Chrisx