Monday, May 9, 2022

At the Bird Convention

 

I finally have time to share a journal page for Art Journal JourneyMatilde of Craftowanie is our host this month and her theme is Birds.   And because I used a stencil, I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday.

Today we are heading to the Bird convention.  I've added a few close ups for your enjoyment.
 



  I originally intended to use three birds on this side (we all know odds are better than equals in a spread), but no matter how I positioned them, three just didn't look right.  That's why I got rid of the third bird.

I started by applying three colors of staz-on combined with 91% Isopropyl alcohol.  I colored a sheet of cardstock using green and blue watercolors.  I then used my 1 inch punch to create the quirky birds from the cardstock.  Once they were punched, I laid down strips of washi tape.  I then added the circles that I turned into birds using a Zig ink pen.  Next, I applied a stencil that has increasing circles using an almost dead dye ink pad. I computer generated the words and applied the same almost dead dye ink to them.  Now all I have to do is add this to my Coll-ah-ge Two altered book.

Thanks ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.   We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with a bird inspired journal page and Try it on Tuesday with your favorite stencil(s).
 


22 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

those birds are great !! fab, fun page.

Elephant's Child said...

Huge thanks for the smiles.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your quirky birds, so pretty. Have a great, new week. Could you please link me this evening for TsfT? Till later, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Those are very cute birds, and I like that they are piling up like Chinese acrobats or circus performers or something.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

A fantastic and fun journal spread, I love how you created the birds. Thank you for linking up with us at TioT's as well .
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for the smile, these are so cute!

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun time at the bird convention. Very cute

jinxxxygirl said...

Well those are just the cutest birds EVER! Love them Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

This page is a lot of fun. I love those cute little birds and how you made them. They each have their own personality too, depending how you put in their eyes and beak. This is perfect for Matilde's page and also for TIOT. Thanks for sharing this with us. What a good way to start the new week! See you tonight for T. Hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

This is so cute!

DVArtist said...

I love these little birds. Have a great day.

Cloudia said...

Fun and creative thank youfun and creative thank you

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth this is like the cutest piece ever and I will pay the price for... EVER..... if the you know who knows I said this !!! :) ♥♥♥

Rita said...

So cute!! :)

Birgit said...

This is so cute! I love the birdies and the pale pink colourwash

craftytrog said...

Great page! I love those sweet little birds Elizabeth.

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this! Those birds are super cute 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

This is so happy, Elizabeth. I just makes me smile. And how fun to imagine all these cute birds convening!

Divers and Sundry said...

This made me smile :)

Matilde said...

Oh, another awesome page! Your birds make me smile :)) They're very cool!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is absolutely brilliant for both challenges Elizabeth! I love the colours you have used and those birds are so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

What a brilliant take on Matilde's theme of Birds. I just love those little birds you have created and I do like how you have placed them on your pages. Such happy faces and I love the variation in the length of legs. A great idea to have a bird convention,
Hugs, Neet xxx